posting a pic to forum from 'my pictures' tutorial

someone asked for a 'how to' post pictures from your computer to the forum without using webshots...i'm bored and will do it. heck- i wanna see y'all's quilt pictures!

so here it is.....remember that you can only post one picture per post this way.....

i have my 'pictures' folder set up to show thumbnails so i can find what i'm looking for quicker....

here goes:

Step one A: open your picture folder on your computer and find the picture you want. right click on the picture and open it with paint.

post--13461903361964_thumb.jpg

notice how the quilt picture has now been shrunk? it actually fits into the paint window.

now we need to save this smaller picture to your computer.

if you want to save this as a seperate file from the larger orginal (it takes up less hard drive space) then you'll need to click on 'SAVE AS'.... (if you click on 'SAVE' you'll erase the orginal large one, and replace it with the smaller one- clear as mud)

i usually go ahead and click save...it doesn't mess up the picture quality at all...

remember that you can;t have any puncuation marks in the ame of the picture...."karen's quilt" will not upload to the forum...."karens quilt" will...also double check that you are saving it as a .jpeg file (computer talk for image/picture)

make sure you save it somewhere you can find it later....

post--13461903363143_thumb.jpg

now come here ang log in.

you can start a new thread by click on 'new topic' in the upper right hand corner, or hit "reply" under the last post in a ongoing thread....

see the 'browse' button. click on that and your picture folder will open and you just go and find the shrunk picture you want to post to the forum. double click on it and the 'address' of it on your computer will be entered into the box. type what you want in the mesasage box and then hit 'post new topic' OR "post reply' DO NOT hit 'preview' it'll make your picture disappear on your post....

post--13461903363593_thumb.jpg

if your picture didn't post when you hit "post reply" or it is the wrong picture, click the "edit' button in the top right corner of your post's window....that will open your message in a edit window and you can make changes to your typed message, as well as change the picture

post--13461903363904_thumb.jpg

Thank you doodlebug. I never learned to use Paint. I'll have to play around in it. I also have a way to post right from "My Pictures". I do this with all pictures that I add to "My Pictures" right from my camera or whenever I save a picture. That way, whenever I want to add to the forum or send a picture in email it is already fixed and resized.

#1- Go into "my pictures" pick the picture you want to work on. #2 - Double click on the picture and it takes you to the picture manager. When I get there, I usually hit the (auto correct) button which fixes the picture if it's too dark or too light. I also hit edit picture where I make my pictures smaller by hitting the resize button. I usually put in 25% as that makes the pictures the size I want. I do this with all the pictures right after I load them. That way, they are always ready to upload to the forum or emails.

When I want to add a picture to the forum, I go directly to "my pictures" and upload from there. Really fast and easy

Originally posted by doodlebug

carol- my picture manger doesn't have all that....hummm....i have XP......

i aslo go ahead and shrink all my pictures down when i upload from my camera....makes life easier, plus the smaller file size uploads to my blog quicker....

well, butter my bum and call me Biscuit!

sometimes it helps to read one's own tutorial....i noticed in the first picture under "paint' is a nifty little "microsoft picture manager'

whatdoyaknow!.....thanks carol that is so much easier!

i should of had my V8...

Doodlebug - It's still quicker if you just pick your picture and double click on it. (left click, not right) It automatically puts you into microsoft picture manager. On the upper bar is (auto correct) and next to it is (edit picture) Some of the pictures I have posted to the CL Challenge have been really dark but the auto correct accents the quilting and lightens or darkens to picture where needed. You did a beautiful job on the tutorial. I have never been able to work in paint. This opens a whole new toy for me.

Originally posted by Joy

Shannon

How do you get 2 pictures up in the same reply

using this method, you can't (but i'm ssooo not a computer person. i just trail and error by clicking buttons).....i tried once by seperating the file names with a semi-colon (works that way in other applications), but it didn't work...

Archived