Batting away from feet

Bobette Miller

I have to ask what suggestions anyone has for keeping the batting away from your feet? I don't like it just hanging down in my way and where I might walk on it.

I store my rolls on the bar due to space. So it does not work to put it over that bar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any of your ideas.

Bobette

Paradise CA.

I do something like Jean except my hubby built me 2 j hooks that hang down and I put the pole or pipe in there when its in the resting position, when I'm quilting the batting pole rest on the top between the 2nd and 3rd fabric poles so I can reach up underneath if I need to.

What I did is canabalize a couple of long thin poles from an old tent. They had straps attatched to the ends already. I put some velcro at the ends of the straps and wrap those around the part of my takeup roller that is free of canvas. The poles go into a fabric tube. I find this long enough for most of my quilts and if I need longer the excess wraps around the tent poles.

I tape the batting to the fabric tube and this allows the batting to unroll as I advance. If I need to get to the bobbin, I lift the batting roll to the top of the quilt and put it back down when done.

You could create something similar with dowling or small pipe. The idea is to allow for something for the batting to unroll freely as you advance.

Archived