AccuQuilt

Mary Beth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a question for you Go and Studio gurus....

Can you cut the fabric after you have ironed on the stabilizer/adhesive paper (is it called wonder under) on it so you just have to peel off the papper & the applique shapes are ready to stick on and be sewn?

I wonder cause maybe the paper would dull the blades????

Can you sharpen the blades or do you need to replace them when they get dull?

I guess thats more than one question, but i got on a roll!

For normal items on Shoppers Rule one can bid and see if the bid is accepted. Did that when I was doing embroidery and got good deals on Robison Anton thread. When they have a sale - you get their price - you can't bid less - believe I tried that!

Originally posted by meg

Can you cut the fabric after you have ironed on the stabilizer/adhesive paper (is it called wonder under) on it so you just have to peel off the papper & the applique shapes are ready to stick on and be sewn?

okay...this is from www.accuquilt.com web site:

Sandwich a piece of clean white paper on top of the fabric but before the cutting mat and roll the die through the cutter. See photo at right. (Don’t worry! It’s perfectly fine to cut some paper with your GO! fabric cutter.) Keep in mind, if you will be cutting many layers, you may have to adjust the number of layers again to ensure accuracy of all layers. Again, always run test cuts prior to cutting an entire quilt.

And...

Care & Maintenance: Cutter

For best results, always keep your GO! cutter clean and lint free. To clean the cutter inside and out, use a soft dry cloth. Avoid abrasives, solvents and spray cleaners. If necessary, wipe with a damp cloth, then polish with a dry cloth. Use canned air to clear lint from roller area. The GO! fabric cutter does not have replacement parts.

Care & Maintenance: Dies

Use adhesive lint roller to clean and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. (Be careful...die pick is sharp!) It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened. Organize dies with GO! Storage Rack (55115).

Hope that answers your one question ;)

Originally posted by meg

Meg, I can cut several layers of fabric with stabilizer on it with the studio.

Originally posted by cjtinkle

Those of you with the Studio model, how big is it? I couldn't find that information on the AccuQuilt site.

CJ, I don't know how much it weighs but I don't try to move it by myself. It is a large machine and doesn't scoot around.

Thanks, LOL I've had my studio in my house for a couple of weeks now, already cut and made a quilt with it. I had allowed for the space of the cutter itself in my sewing room, but NOT for the huge jumbo tray for strip dies... so I ended up taking over the top of hubby's double file cabinet, it fits perfectly there.

Here's a picture of it on my hubby's filing cabinet:

IMG_0330.jpg

It's the tray actually, that takes up so much space. If you're using small dies and the small tray, they fit within the footprint of the Studio itself.

You can see how much the tray hangs over before rolling it through.

Nah, it doesn't weight anywhere near 89 lbs. That's probably shipping weight. I doubt it weighs 50lbs. I wouldn't want to carry it around, but it's not a problem to move from one place to another.

CJ could you measure with the large tray on it. Front to Back, Side to Side and How tall. I'm in the process of finishing my quilting room and would like to make sure I have enough space where I think I want it. That is after I pay for all the Framing, Insualtion, and Sheetrock. The suspended ceiling will have to wait until I get my lights rearranged.

TIA

Shirley

This is from www.accuquilt.com

Cutter dimensions 24 3/4"w x 30 1/4"l x 8 3/4"h (63 cm x 77 cm x 22 cm). Cutter weighs 34 lbs. with a boxed weight of 52 lbs. Some assembly required.

•Hand-operated fabric die cutter uses steel-rule dies to quickly and accurately cut shapes for quilting and fabric crafts.

•Hundreds of shapes to choose from: classic designs, circles, hexagons, flowers, strips, rag quilt shapes, quilt block sets and many more.

•Cut all types of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, wool, denim and even leather!

•Dies never need sharpening, and the AccuQuilt Studio fabric cutter has a three-year warranty.

•AccuQuilt offers more than 60 patterns to coordinate with dies--perfect for kits!

Included with Studio Fabric Cutter

•Studio Die Tray-15 1/4" x 19 5/8" (406900)

•Nine Sheets of Assorted Cutting Plastic--one giant (PK250) and two each of 5" x 6", 5" x 15", 10" x 12" and 10" x 15" sizes (PK255)

•Die Pick

•Tool Kit

•User's Manual [click to download]

•Instruction Label

Now you all have me wanting a Accuquilt!!! Darn this group, you are nothing but troublemakers!!!:P:P

Anyway, does anyone have a good source for the Studio model. I checked out EE Schenk and they only have the GO model and I think that if I am going to bite the bullet the Studio is the better model for my needs. It has more of the dies that I would be interested in.

Thanks,

Lisa:)

Hi Lisa,

I'm with you! I have been looking at the Go! and I prefer the Studio model too...if you happen to locate a retailer in Canada let me know too...from what I have researched, the only place I found to purchase the Studio model was directly from Accuquilt. If anyone else has a different source, please post it.

Here's a question.....I also scrapbook and I have the Big Shot die cutting machine made by Sizzix....does anyone know if the Studio dies work on the Big Shot machine?

Thanks! Nadia

Hi Nadia,

Too funny, I have the Sissix cutter too!! It is too bad we do not live closer as I am sure we would get along famously. I guess we will just have to be internet buddies until that happens.

I live 10 minutes from the US border and have a US address so I am thinking that since they are offering free shipping (until March 24) I might just bite the bullet and have them ship it there. Just trying to justify the expense to myself as I really only want it for applique. I could always add the regular dies down the road..... Guess i don't have too much of a problem justifying it to myself afterall.

If you want I can have them ship yours to my US address and when I pick it up and find out the duty I could ship it to you and you could send me the money for the shipping and duty. After all, I owe you a favour anyway.

Just a thought, if you would like to just let me know I don't mind, or I wouldn't have offered in the first place.

I am such an enabler;)

Lisa:)

Archived