Spring Block Swap

Busy Quilting

I hate it though when work gets in the way. Looks like I won't be getting much done today or tomorrow on my blocks. Then I have a quilt show in UT I am going to on Friday...at least I get to shop for fabric! Anybody need anything? Just kidding, it is a small show and small quilt shop...but at least I am getting out of town! :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought my fabric, so proud of myself. However, pride goeth before a fall. WHERE did I put it? IT is all together in one very special place so that I would NOT lose it. WHERE is it again? I may end up doing two sets, buying the fabric for the new one while waiting for the first set to reappear..... This has NOT been my week end, snow bank and cars may attract but they are NOT good togeher, broken needle, broken thread, lost zipper, found zipper, brokern thread then the corker, no bobbin thread. I went back to bed yesterday after making breakfast for the boys and my son who heaved my car out.

No damage, Thank YOu God, ice was involved, a corner and driving with the sun directly in my eyes on a bright sunny day. Some days it isn't good to get out of bed. I'm fine btw. Just grumpin.

Love all the blocks, I have made 4 and plan to have the rest finished by the weekend. DS flew to New Zealand today and Thursday DH goes back to work so I am HOME ALONE for 8 whole days:);)

Grocery shopping tomorrow and then I am not moving out of my sewing room.

Can't you tell I am really sad:P:P

Oh my Shana! I'll get my sunglasses out!

Actually, I'm still pretty much snowed in and taking a break from the Mexican quilt to do some piecing... I started with some fabrics I thought would be really bright - hot pinks, incredible greens, and some butterflies... not what I thought it would look like. Too pastel - y. SO I DUG DEEP! Found some fabrics that looked soooo great on line, but not so much in person - however, as accent colors they ROCK!!!

This is fun! You'll all be surprised at my choices since I AM the pastel queen! LOL

Hey Bobbi, you can do pastel colors.

I am sure your blocks will be lovely. Don't go spend more $$ on fabric. Use what's in your stash.

Maybe I am being too bright? :cool: Maybe I should "tone it down a notch or two" and use a solid pink or a red, rather than the bright bold colors in the rectangle block??? I haven't finished any other blocks yet, so there is still time to switch things out. I have lots of pinks and reds in my stash .... hhmmmm! :)

Guess I too will play, but since I'm a bit brain dead here. I need to recap to make sure I have instructions right.

A) backgrounds creams or white

B) green in corners and around center square

C)geese print of choice

D) rectangles print of choice but needs to be a floral. Large to medium floral.

Okay do I have it straight

oh and it's to be based on given pattern and to finish 12 inches.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Guess I too will play, but since I'm a bit brain dead here. I need to recap to make sure I have instructions right.

A) backgrounds creams or white

B) green in corners and around center square

C)geese print of choice

D) rectangles print of choice but needs to be a floral. Large to medium floral.

Okay do I have it straight

oh and it's to be based on given pattern and to finish 12 inches.

Bonnie, here is the original link with cutting and fabric instructions from Doodlebug. Basically cream background fabric and green fabric in the center and squares; everything else with that block is up to you!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=20503&page=1#pid247910

Archived