Using Minki

I totally LOVE Minky!!:)

Just be sure not to over stretch the backing & you will be fine.

I made a quilt for the Langland's new baby & she wanted to keep it for her self!

The fabric is so very soft & cuddly, I would love a bathrobe made of it, then again when do I ever sit around in a bathrobe?!:P

I just did my first Minkee back a couple weeks back. I was worried but it went just fine and I was doing custom work on it. Of course when done I just had to wrap myself in it. I'm pretty much a cotton only quilter but I think I will put Minkee on the back of any baby quilt that I make.

I agree with Linda, Minkee (by Benartex, don't be fooled by others because there is a difference in the feel and softness) is fabulous to work with as a backing., I have done a bunch of quilts with this and used it for any baby quilts I make as well. I even used it on the binding of a couple.

THe nice thing about it is that the thread gets buried on the back so you don't see your starts and stops, but the quilting does show and looks wonderful.

It does stretch a bit, but as long as you are a little careful with that, you will love working with this stuff . . . and you will want one for yourself!!

BTW, they now have Minkee in hand dyed designs -- for us grownups!

Sara

Using it as a binding is a bit of a challenge, but I too have used it on tops, backs and binding and not had any problems.

These lucky babies. I can hardly wait to see the hand dyed for us grown ups. I'll be the first in line!!!!!

Vicki

Country Quilt Studio

Nevada, IA

www.countryquiltstudio.com

I agree - have not had any problems quilting Minkee either! It is such a very

soft plush fabric. Has a nice deep nap / or pile to it. Has an almost

cashmere feel to it!

MarkitaW - do a fabric search for "Minkee" at quiltshops.com

It now comes in such different colors and texture - some have extra puffy

dots on them - nice stuff! I think a bathrode would be great out of this

stuff - who needs to get dressed to start work anyways! Oh in a perfect

world.....