Great CC template!! Now with finished photo--

ffq-lar

Wow! I am doing CCs on an Easy Lonestar--the one that is stripped and has fairly large diamonds. Usually I am able to freehand them, but not this baby. The diamonds are too big and the angle is difficult. I am using Brytes (thicker shiney thread) and it looks baaaad! And not the good baaaad--the bad baaad! Deciding I need a template, I start looking at my circle templates.

Then I see the set of Dragon Scales templates from Quilter's Rule I purchased to do clamshells--a recommendation of Bonnie B. There are four sizes with both the outside curve and the inside curve for CCs.

I am in quilter's heaven! I can hold the template in my left hand and do all four sides of the diamonds just by rotating the template. It is so fast and accurate and making me look good instead of baaaad!

Here's a pic of the templates nested together--there are four pieces. No affiliation with Quilter's Rule--just a happy customer.

Purchased from Patty Jo Noonan who is the NW Independent Contractor for QR and will be happy to supply you with a set I am sure!

I'll post a photo of the finished quilt in a day or two.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

post--13461903459522_thumb.jpg

Angie,

I am obviously not Linda but if you go onto the QR website and click on templates and then on Design Drawing Tools in the bottom left hand corner you will find the Dragon Scales template. It took me a while to find them too and there are too many other tempting things to look at along the way!

Sue

On the Home Page of Quilter's rule, click on Templates on the menu on the left. The first box says Machine Quilting Tools. Click on that box, in spite of the slide show. Scroll to the bottom and there it is. Also on that page is the 4-in-one tool--another good one.

If you decide to order something, please contact Patty Jo--she is so wonderful to work with! :cool:

I'm trying this again to see if I can get you to the right spot. This is the addy of the page that it appears on.

http://www.quiltersrule.com/template/machquiltMain-NEW1.html

Hopefully this will work.;)

edit: YES IT WORKS!

This page shows all of the 1/4" templates. We still have more speciality tools besides these. On the upper right column, click on "Speciality Tools" for some more. If I can help you, please let me know (U2U, e-mail, phone, smoke signels...whatever!)

Archived