Cotten Sateen or Quilters Sateen

does anyone know where I can purchase Quilter's Sateen or Cotton Sateen - and is there a difference? I am looking for a taupe color, I think RJR makes it, but I can't find it locally. JoAnn's has some - black - white - pink - lt. blue - blah!! Hancock's has about the same or less. I have check the internet, and some places list it, but do not give colors. I have heard that it is good to use as a "sampler" for your quilting designs.

I love Fabric Depot in Portland, Oregon! :D

They have Robert Kaufman Sateen, it is a tighter weave than RJR.

The great thing about Fabric Depot is that they have 40% off every month, check out their calendar & just call in your order.

Or you may receive 40% off any time that you order a bolt of any fabric, shipping is very reasonable!

It is the West coasts largest fabric store with high quality quilt shop fabrics!

http://www.fabricdepot.com/Catalog.aspx?ItemKey=254

Have fun!;)

Mary Beth:

Another option for cotton sateen I've also bought from is www.equilter.com - They've got a good selection of sateen. I bought a gorgeous purple sateen from them and it quilts up so yummy.

BUT.....Fabric Depot is my #1 choice also. I just "have to" stop there everytime I'm in Portland....

Guest Linda S

You can also get 118" wide cotton Sateen at www.christianlanequilters.com (they are in Connecticut, for you east coast quilters). They have it in white, ivory, black, and tea dye.

Fabric Depot is a fabulous store. The first time I walked in there I had to go sit down and put my head between my knees! I hyperventilated! ;)

Linda

It's kinda hard to find as it's in the river bottoms north of the river. The easiest thing is to print a map from Map Quest. Make sure that you take your paper from the state with your ID on it or a copy because they will want one for their file. If you are looking for other fabric their cottons range from cheapy bargin brands to quilt shop quality--just watch what yyou choose. Have fun jeri

Archived