Contemporary quilts

Would appreciate ideas on how to quilt this quilt. I have 3 more quilts that are blocks similar. I think of this block as more contemporary rather than traditional so I feel the quilting should be more flowing (whatever that means). And, yes, our dog loves to look at quilts and watch me quilt.

post--13461903469777_thumb.jpg

For me this is calling for more straight lines. I know the rule is swirl if the blocks are very geometric but this one just needs straight lines. Maybe you could do a wood meander in the sashing rows to add some movement. Swirls would probably look good on it too but I don't think it would do much for the quilt design. Some of the tumbling blocks get lost so if you did 1/4 inch echo in and out that would help define them.

I would SID on the sides of the sashing and border to separate them visually from the triangles. You could accentuate the waving texture of the border/sashing fabric by simply following the lines of design with black thread.

I like Heidi's idea of outlining the triangles 1/4" from the edge and then placing a motif in each triangle.

Archived