Houston Market Fall 2006

Ladies who can attend Market. I do have a Longarm Business but not a Shop (yet). Will I be able to attend the Market as a Longarmer?

I haven't been to Market and really want to go this year.

I have emailed quilts.com but haven't had a reply yet.

Needing to get Hotel reserved early.

Hay all

I am not sure how but last year all the longarmer that attended the hands on classes at Market had passes to get in. The hands on classes run the same days as Market and then the longarm demos run while festival is on. Contact someone in charge of classes and I am sure they will be able to help you out.;)

The requirements for market may be on their website. I'm not sure. I think you need to furnish receipts to prove that you have bought wholesale, etc. There used to be a minimum amount that you had to prove that you had bought. Since I've never gone as an individual business, I'm not sure what the requirements are, but a business license or sales tax certificate isn't enough.

To attend the market as a buyer, you must prove that you have bought from one of the exhibitors. You are supposed to provide a copy of one invoice of $300 or more. You also have to provide your resale #. Your purchase of the longarm should qualify you if you did it in 2006. Teachers and designers have different requirements and may not be able to get "buyer" badges but can take classes and look all they want.

I sent an email to enrollment@systemas.com (listed on the website for the Houston Quilt show) enquiring about the requirements. I explained that I am just beginning a longarm business and wanted to attend the show. This is their reply:

Dear Anette-

Thank you for your interest in Quilt Market.

The credentials you will be required to provide are as follows:

1. A copy of your tax id/resale number or Federal EIN number

2. A wholesale invoice from an industry supplier totaling at least $300 (new

businesses may submit a letter from their bank stating they have established

a business checking account in lieu of the invoice)

3. A business card

The catalogues with all necessary enrollment information will be mailed in

late June or early July. If you would like to request one be mailed to you,

please send your name and address to shows@quilts.com and ask them to do so.

Also, the catalogue will available on our website, www.quilts.com about a

week later. General and travel information is currently available on the

website under "Upcoming Shows"-Fall Quilt Market.

You may submit your credentials with your enrollment for the Market.

Sincerely,

Quilt Festival, Quilt Market & Quilt Expo Class Enrollment

PO Box 50580

Austin, TX 78763

Fax: (512) 377-4001

email: enrollment@systemas.com

• 2 weeks later...

Grammie I hope you can get the necessary stuff to attend Market ! I have been a 'lurker' on this site for months and finally joined. Your quilts have been an inspiration to me. After using a longarm that came over on the Ark, I finally bit the big bullet in March and got me a new machine. Now, you girls need to keep pushing me !:P The quilts I view just make me want to do more and more beautiful quilting ! Glenda

Thank you for the kind words and best of luck to you. I consider myself a student at this but I am really enjoying it. I am learning with each quilt. I think I've made just about every mistake there is to make and will make plenty more.

I'm stubborn and well in this case it pays off. lololol

Archived