Help!!!! How do I fix this?

Hi girls

I'm not sure what to do about this. Here's the problem....

I'm working on a top that has a large center panel, approx 24"x45" so I thought I'd stitch around the whole thing to hold it down while I worked in the center of it. The center is all 6" blocks into which I'm stitching motifs.

Well, I stitched all around this center by advancing the top....now I need to go back up to the top to start stitching the top row of squares and I find that I can't roll it back onto the Top and Backing rollers because I've got all the layers stitched together. Did I do a booboo?

I'm guessing that I have to rip that SITD that I did around that large center....unless someone can tell me differently. :)

Thx

Rita

No Rita.

It's okay. You can pin baste the rest of the quilt really well down to the bottom and then release you quilt bottom from the quilt roller . Then you can roll back to where you need to go. I do this on just about every quilt because I quilt here and there .

Myrna

Why pin??? Just baste it like you would for hand quilting the rest of the way down. So much easier than all those pins and keeps it all nice and even. Been there done that--it also works well when unzipping a quilt to work on later.

jeri

Chalk it up to inexperience, but I never thought of...a) pinning and re-rolling onto just one bar or B) just finishing that one end of the quilt. I guess I could do that if I SITD to stabilize it. This is only my 4th quilt top so I'm learning as I go...thanks to you girls.

The one thing I'm most happy about is that I don't have any thread or needle breakage...everything is working just great, with no problems. whew! :)

Rita

Hey Myna... Jim and Bob were at my house yesterday installing my Compu Quilter. Today Jim and his wife came back to show me how it works. They had to leave at 10:30 to attend a lunch meeting, but will be back at around 2:00. I sure like working with Jim. He is a great guy. Can't wait until they get back and we get to practice. I am soooooo excited.

Barb

Rita -

I am glad you worked through that! I think we have all done that at first

with out thinking it would be a problem.... live and learn!:D

Barb - you very lucky girl you - have fun with you CQ - keep us posted -

and I look forward to photos of your work!

Archived