Help...need ideas

I am quilting this quilt. It is the "Raspberry Kiss" pattern, which I was inspired by the earlier post to make. But of course, mine color scheme is different.

I am having problems deciding what to quilt on the rest of the border. I have echoed the pickle design in black thread between the pickles. I am hoping you can see it. Sometimes it is kind of hard to see black with black thread. I have thought of just using small randomly place circles then stipple around the rest of the border. Idea 2: radiating lines out of the pickle block which will create a cross hatch in the borders, but I am planning on curved cross hatching inside the pickle squares and cc's in the 16 patches. Idea 3: repeating the pickle stitching in black on the outer edge of the border then meandering the open spaces. Any other ideas or which one do you think would work best?

Overall view of the quilt.

"pickle

This is the border.

"pickle

Heidi,

Thank you, I think it is turning out pretty too. I thought of those two ideas too, because it would really frame the pickles, but didn't know if the pebbling would be too much, but piano keys would be clean looking. I guess I just have too many ideas that confusion is setting in.

Archived