CompuQuilter

azblondie

Hi All,

WOW! and Double WOW!!! Chris Alexander left here yesterday. He installed my new CQ. I am thrilled with the mire idea of all I will be able to do someday... Chris gave me an assignment of filling the rest of the sewing area on the "Pretend" quilt on the machine that afternoon. My brain was befraggled! to say the least. I quit after a couple of designs. Now this morning I decided to get a fresh and running start on the whole concept of the new device, starting with the first exercise in the manuel. Weeeelll, the first thing I did was quite challenging. I managed to put a hole in the "pretender" and stood wondering "What Happened"??? Boy, oh boy, I now know what NOT to do. I don't know for sure if I ever want to put another customer quilt on this machine.

I have forged on to the 7th exercise one step at a time. I also know I WILL defeat and conquer it whole heartedly. I WILL be GREAT at it soon. I just hope soon is SOON! Thanks Linda for loaning your hubby to my cause of getting me hooked up and running. I sure do appreciate all he showed me. You guys are fantastic.

Mary

Mary... Jim, Jim and Bob, installed my CQ yesterday... Today Jim and his wife came back and we went through 26 of the exercises. They are coming back tomorrow to go through the rest of them. It is so exciting.

I might go down and practic a little more ......I find it very interesting and I can't wait to put a real quilt on the machine.

We still have a couple of issues to fix....It won't pull up the bobbin thread and move ahead. Jim thinks he knows what needs to be adjusted.

It was really fun to see what the CQ can do. I think i wil go down and try a repeat program. I really liked the corner motif.

Good luck.. Keep us posted. It was an interesting day for me....Barb

Hi Mary & Barb! :)

You two are going to love the versatility of CQ!

I love to use mine when ever I have quilts that have those stark plain blocks that just beg some "killer" designs, over & over again! :P

I can easily do a double wedding ring quilt in half a day using CQ, where as it would take me days, if not a week to do free-handed! :mad:

Mary do not worry about having Chris at your place, he loves what he does & is very excited about installing CQ for anybody that wants to upgrade their APQS machine! (Besides he got out of painting the interior of our house! :P )

If anyone wants to schedule Chris to come to your home to upgrade your APQS machine, please let me know.

He has a "day time" job at H.P. but is willing to travel in sharing what he loves, & thanks for the kind words, he is a very special guy! ;)

Please keep us posted on how things go for you both!:D

Thanks.. I understand that Chris did a great job. Jim Kaldenburg (SP) did a great job also. I still need to practice.. but I put a quilt on after they left today and did two borders already.

I am going to put some great designs in the blocks. cant' wait to get started tomorrow... but I am dragging. (Brain overload).

Yes Barb,

Jim is just awesome!!

Now how many companies do you know that hand out their personal cell numbers, & MEAN it when they say call me!;)

You are off to a great start Barb, just go through each exercise one by one, & before you know it that pile of quilts will dwindle! :)

Have fun, fun, fun, & fire away with any questions you may have, you can call us as well!;)

Linda.. .I have 6 months left to work at UPS... I still have 3 weeks of vacation during these six months. But my quilting time is limited... so as soon as I finish work in Jan.2007.... I plan on having someone help me with a website. I hope to work on some examples... as I finish this week's vacation. I will pass out my business cards to everyone I know.

Thanks for the advice....Barb

Archived