Best Original Computer Digitized Designs

Dutchman

A new quilt show award sponsored by Artistitch (Loes and Theo)

Busy times.

Loes is finishing the tutorial of Art & Stitch and I am working on promotional stuff.

Almost forget to share this with you.

MQS announced earlier an additional category to the event.

Best Original Computer Digitized Designs - sponsored by Artistitch, Loes & Theo van der Heijden

The quilter must digitize the original designs, then quilt these designs with the use of a computer guided machine.

As we believe a true artist will design her own special designs herself and complete her quilt with a computer guided machine we decided to award this true artist with a special price. The deadline to enter this category is March 19, I know it is short but the price is worth it :)

JoAnn

No this does not cover all quilt categories as it is a category next to the already existing categories

It is recently announced in the MQS_eNews letter as a new award exclusively sponsored by us.

Our goal is to encourage every quilter to make use of their artistic capabilities in drawing your own designs, digitize these designs and quilt them with the use of a computer guided machine.

So we are not looking for a quilt with a combination of purchased designs but we are looking for the real artist who is drawing herself.

Connie

Release date of Art & Stitch is end of March/early April.

Yes, it will be superb. Being able to open, editing, merge, tweak and save designs in all existing quilt and/or embroidery formats.

Draw from scratch or (auto)trace an image, fill shapes with motifs, cross hatching, wave fills, autostipple.

Creative background fillers. Open vector artwork from AI, Coreldraw, Autosketch or paste vectors directly from these programs.

Combine, connect or transform artwork.

It is astonishing complete and easy to learn with over 150 designs, ready to use.

For the designers there is a button to save your designs with one step in all current file formats.

You can also printout a catalog with all designs.

More info will be on our website www.artandstitch.com within soon.

Loes and myself are very enthousiastic about the new program and we work day and night to get the tutorial ready before the end of the month.

We will teach lecture demos and hands-on classes Art & Stitch in the USA for the first time at MQS in Overland Park.

Regards

Theo

I don't like the computerized category only because us can't use freehand. It turns me off that I can't use freahand background fill around my digitized designs. I prefer to stitch in the ditch and crosshatch freehand. I think having to have to do use the computer for the whole quilt doesn't give you the best results.

JoAnn,

True! The best combination is digitized designs using a computer guided system, plus freehand fillers, sashings or cross hatching around the designs.

The "normal" computer guided category, which has been at MQS for ages, does not allow any freemotion work, just computer guided.

But our new category does allow the combination :)

Rules are:

1. designs must be digitized by the quilter (so - although the result may be nice - it's not allowed to *just* combine purchased designs). Originality and creativity is what this category is about.

2. Combination with freehand quilting is allowed. But the majority of the quilting must be digitized designs.

Regards

Theo

• 2 months later...

I won the Art and Stitch award.

I have been playing with the new software and it's so much fun.

It has many cool features. I love taking a closed motif, and turning it into a wreath. Push the wreath making button, make them overlap a bit, then the software ties them all together and eliminates the overlapped lines. It's one continous design that looks like a spent hours creating.

TOOOOO cool.

You can also put curved crossing hatching on the inside and outside of just about anything.

WOW!

Way to go JoAnn!!! I'm fairly sure that I'm going to order the software. I'm playing with the trail edition now. Loes put on their website that she would start sending the software orders when they got home in June.

We're back, we're home from MQS, New York and Minneapolis Spring Market, we even got rid of the jet lag, so we're all up and running again and are shipping Art and Stitch orders as we speak :)

JoAnn,

We are so happy that you are the winner in the new Original Digitized category! While choosing the winning quilt from the entries we didn't know the names of the quilters of course. We were in awe of your quilt: it is sort of representing what you can do with Art and Stitch: so creative and so much fun with those "hidden" animals in the quilting. Great job and great fun to give the prize to you.

Loes

Archived