Claudia Pfeil will be teaching in Bartlett, Illinois

Don't tell anyone, but we'll have lots of snacks available...including sodas and low cal sweet things....LOL

I just went to the Nature Center and delivered 100 brochures. It seems the locals are very interested in finding out what a longarm is....I was also told that there are a number of teens--- possible quilters that want to come to the APQS RoadShow to learn about this "machine called a longarm".

I took my Lenni to a quilt show last weekend for demoing. I was shocked at how many non-quilters were so very interested in how a longarm works. And more surprising, how many quilters thought all longarm machines were computerized. The most asked question was: Are you doing that or is the computer doing that?

I also had one newbie quilter stop by and take me to a quilt she liked. She just couldn't understand free-motion vs. computerized. The quilt was free-motioned on a longarm but it was so fantastically quilted that a newbie could think it was computerized. However, the dead giveaway was that the quilting was "natural" and filled the spaces "naturally". A computer wouldn't be able to be so random.

The weekend was much fun and so enlightening to me based on all the questions the visitors had. It's amazing how many had never seen a longarm machine. And, the kids--ranging from age 2-8 just loved getting their pictures taken using Lenni. One young lady left with a BIG smile from ear-to-ear and BIG dimples carrying her "mini quilt" cut out from the fabric. She was just SOOOO excited.

I bet you never knew how special us longarmers are!!

Deb, you may have created a new longarmer!! That is the idea, to educate the general public. When they drag a quilt top out of the closet and ask to have it quilted, they may not gasp at the price when they understand how it is accomplished.

Have a great time with Claudia.

Archived