Saddle stool

I know there have been several posts about saddle stools here and I came across this Roll About Chair by accident. I have problems with standing and I think this may be the answer for me. It looks like you are closer to a standing position making working on the quilt top easier than the saddle stool. I like the $39.99 price too. I just wanted to share in case this is would work better for anyone.

http://www.easycomforts.com/EasyComforts/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Mobility+%26+Cushions&SCID=Mobility+%26+Cushions&ProductID=0000051983&SiteNum=0

http://www.easycomforts.com/EasyComforts/AlternateViewPage.aspx?SiteNum=0&ProductID=0000051983

Becky

The drawbacks to this chair that I see is it doesn't look like the seat is adjustable up and down. It looks like it is just flat and that's it. Mine is adjustable so that I can get it just right. The other thing I would miss is having the foot rest for my feet to set on. Great price though. I use my saddle stool almost all the time so it has to be comfortable for me to sit for a long amount of time.

hi -

i'm wondering what stools everyone has - and why they like or don't like them and where you got it.

maybe everyone who is going to post could include this information cause inquiring minds want to know.

i still havent bought one yet cause i am afraid to make a mistake.

meg

Guest Linda S

I have a saddle stool also (the one from BizChair) and have a love/hate relationship with it. It really does help me sit up straight when I'm quilting, but it's girth is a bit too wide. I've ridden a lot of horses in my life and never felt quite so much like I was doing the split as I do on this chair. If I adjust it just so, I can make myself comfortable. When doing a lot of background fill, it's really nice to sit down.

Linda

I love my saddle stool, it is great when I'm doing background fill. It can be adjusted forward (tilted down) for comfort and comfortable for my back. I have to sit up high on my stool as I don't have H-lift on my table it is on casters. Tried other chairs but this is what works best for me. Usually my batting is up out of the way or in a sling.

post--13461903615015_thumb.jpg

Hi Brenda........ It is called the Saddle Stool...... Darlene Epp has the web site posted. I bought mine at MQS when the had a special. Usually the show will have the stools there and you can try it out. I have a spine injury from last year, can't stand for a long period at a time so this is very comfortable for my back.

how wide is everybodies saddle stool

I have been looking at the sites you all have suggested and the stools are 18 inches wide.

Do you all feel like you are doing the splits.

I am only 5 foot tall. Anyone out there that tall and comfortable on the stool.

None of the sites mentioned will post to Australia.

I think I have found one in Aussie that I can order from, that goes to the height of 35 inches.

But just checking on the width of the chair first

Thanks for your help

Joy.......I'm only 5' and no it doesn't feel like you are doing the splits, it feels more like a molded seat where your behind fits right in,.:D it's not like riding a horse. You can raise & lower the seat, plus it tilts forward for comfort. Sometimes I stand and have one leg over the chair. I think you just need to try out all the chairs to feel what is comfortable for you.

I have NEVER sat a more uncomfortable chair in my life as that of a Saddle Stool.... I tried one out and found the same thing as several others, you really have to fiddle with getting it just right, and I don't like to fiddle with anything to make it right.

This other chair would be the way I would go if I didn't already have a drafting stool...its has the same type of adjustments its a screw you just turn your seat till its the right height... I don't see where there are any hydraulic lifts to it...

I personally love my drafting stool/chair its not only adjustable, but its seat doesn't feel like I'm doing the splits or getting ready to get bucked off. Its a balance thing with the saddle stools I don't feel stable.

Archived