Pantograph storage suggestions?

This is something I tried recently and it's working.

It's a shoe holder that has velcro that wraps around a closet rod. I have them wrapped around a shower rod in a bathroom I only use for storage -- it adjoins my quilting studio.

I have all the pantos numbered and a copy of each in a 3-ring binder that a customer can browse through. I just simply layed the panto onto my copier and copied it at real size.

My numbering system also includes a letter, like F-1, Fe-3, or L-1. F = floral, Fe= Feathers, L= Leaves, and so forth.

post--13461903615633_thumb.jpg

I didn't have a good place to hang customer quilts so I purchased one of those nice metal clothing racks with a shelf on top and one on the bottom, then it has a muslin cover that closes in the front. Then I purchased a hanging shoe rack like Georgene posted and hung that on one end, my quilts on the rest. Then I could hang a lot of quilts, my pantos, on top are packaged battings. With the cover over the rack it keeps dust off the quilts. Works well for me.

I also have a hanging shoe rack. Here is a pic of mine hanging on the side of my wire shelving ....

2863662760094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

and one close up. Until you fill up each compartment, it stays really thin next to whatever you hang it on. So it really saves space.

2025611550094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

I found my shoe hanger at a "Rite Aid" drug store and love it cause it is thin enough to hang in my little 6" space that I had.

Patty, I like your system, it doesn't seem to take up much space either... I found a box at Lowe's that is divided into about 12 square spaces. I turned it on it's side and sorted my pantos by them and still need to label ea space for easy access. But I'm always open to new ideas and I like yours Patty!

I have the old fashined shoe bag design (rows of pockets) made of clear plastic that I hung on the back of the closet door. Really like having it where so I can shut the door and keep my 10 month old grandson out of them. Spools of thread and rolls of pantos are so tempting for him.

I keep mine in different sizes of Red Wing crocks. I collect those, and they are great for pantos! I have about 10 crocks in my quilting room. To keep things organized, I have different crocks for different panto designers. Separate crocks for Willow Leaf studios, Lorien, Golden Threads, etc. I just have my crocks marked with sticky notes, so I know where to look for my pantos. The crocks are along the walls, and don't get in my way. I have 2 bigger crocks under my Gammill for batting scraps and magazines. I figure since I spend so much time in my quilting room, I might as well put what I love in there! Plus, it's a great excuse to hunt for more crocks!

Diane

Okay this is an old picture. And messy but it works well. They are two shoe rakes. I put them in alph order and there are labels for the letter. i have 2 for "F" and "S". I also keep an Excel file that list the pattern by name, size, type and designer. That help me from ordering an additional panto!!! LOL

as you see I store other items there as well!!!

post--13461903626214_thumb.jpg

I think the secret for all of us is to find what works best for us. Sometimes, you have to try something for awhile in order to realize that this just isn't working, then move on to something else. That's what I like about the chat is that we all have goot tips and tricks to make our job/hobby easier and more enjoyable. I love to look at all the different ways to do the same thing. Thanks to all of you for such good ideas.:)

Archived