My attempt at freehand and SID !

Thanks everyone for your comments on my feathers. I did photograph the best one though (LOL)!!! and for some reason photos dont really show the wobbles as much as I thought they would.

I am pleased with the overall effect (except for the tension issues on back)

Will keep PPP'ing !!!!:)

Originally posted by quiltinginthecountry

Janette,

You are making us (Newbies) shine. Lovely quilt and you did

a great job. I truly hope I will be able to post mine one of these days.

Thanks for showing your quilt.

Why wait to post your photos !! Like everyone has been telling me, you are your own worst critic, and believe me photos hide a multitude of sins !!!!

Look forward to seeing your work posted soon .

:)

Originally posted by Linda G. Craig

Great job, Janette! I think your feathers are great! You don't like them???? You are much to hard on yourself. Your quilt is awesome! :)

Hi Linda,

Well I do like most of the feathers, (photos don't show all blips !!) I just need to get consistent. The other border I went in a different direction and is not as good. Although much improved on my very first drawings and stitchings of feathers.

Thanks for the compliment !

:)

That is a cute quilt! And I like your feathers, too! I wonder about crooked spines, tho. I think if they are too evenly space, or exactly the same all the way down they just look too artificial. I love a freehanded spine and fethers of differnt sizes along them. I know there are times that even and exact is appropreate, but not too perfect! Your fillers are great, too! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Archived