NQR oak furniture

Hi all,

I just had to pass this along to you all. I finally convinced hubby that it was time for a change and we redid our family room. We got new recliners, couch, chair, ottoman, coffee table and end tables and most importantly a new TV & cabinet. The TV still has to be ordered and hubby better decide quick on what he wants because I'm getting impatient. I got all the furniture this week and love it. The most impressive piece is the TV cabinet that I orded online. I know you always take risks but this was a fantastic find! It is so well built, solid oak and the workmanship is some of the best I've ever seen! Here is the cabinet we received. If any of you are in the market for wood furniture you should definitely check it out! I highly recommend it. It is well built, the best finish in the world and the packing is the best! No damage at all and quick too.

http://www.oakfurnitureshop.com/product/1898/1898-Solid-Wood-TV-Stand-Country-Oak-Plasma-LCD-Corner.html

Heidi - did you buy any of the end tables, etc at the bottom of the link page? I love the cabinet. But there is only one corner in my family room that would be usable, and I would have the cable running diagonally across the carpet ! But I love your choice.;)

Patty Jo no I didn't get the end tables, just the corner cabinet. I had already gotten the new coffee table and end tables when I found this cabinet. My whole goal was to find a cabinet that would hold a 55" TV but fit the corner and not come out onto the fireplace hearth. I did it! I can't tell you guys how well this piece is made. It will be a family heirloom for sure.

The rest of the furniture came from Kincaid and the recliners (look like wingback chairs but are really comfy recliners) came from Lazyboy. I went with a cottage style and that has a lot of mix and match. I also went with off-white for the coffee table and end tables and I really like it. It brightened the room right up. I have two other small oak end tables that I had custom made back in the 90's and those work with it too. That is why I like cottage look, it all goes together.

Barb my walls are blue. The upholstery is burgandy and the pillows are reversable. One side matches the sofa upholstery and the otehr side is a floral print that has shades of burgandy and rose with touches of blue and gold. The recliners are burgandy leather. I am not a fan of leather, hubby is. The leather on these chairs is wonderful though. It almost feels like fabric. Very, very soft.

Barbara the recliners were the hardest. I didn't want the giant over-stuffed type. We had a sectional tha was extreamly comfortable and still in very good shape, however it took up the entire room and didn't give me the look I wanted. My goal was to open the room up more but still have as much seating as we had before. The nice part about the sectional was that 5 - 6 adults could all sit and be comfortable! Well I think we're one seat short but I got everything else I wanted so I'm happy.

I love that! I like the old oak library type furniture. Like was in the libraries and schools when we were all kids. I have 2 chairs, and a monster desk with a pull out section on the left tht loooks like drawers, but is actually a door tha topens and has a tray inside that pulls out and up. It's made for a typewriter but holds my Featherweight and has room for the W & G chainstitch machine too, if I need it out. Don't have to put projectw away, just pile it all on the tray and shoveit in and shut the door! I'd like to have a library table.

• 2 years later...

Archived