A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!

Mrs.A

The annual quilt show of the Naples (Florida) Quilt Guild is being held this weekend and one of our apqs quilters has received many accolades. Among the 250 quilts exhibited were five by Deb Crine. All were recognized by the judges...Deb took home two first place ribbons, two second place ribbons and an honorable mention. In addition, her quilt SUNDANCE was awarded Best in Show and also received the ribbon for Best Machine Quilting. Way to go, Deb! Woo Hoo! You and George can be very proud of all this success. I've already seen photos of these terrific quilts but when the dust settles, Deb, please be sure to share photos here of all your ribbon-winning quilts. I know everyone will enjoy seeing them. Congratulations...you have grown so much as a quiltmaker and your quilts are incredible. You deserve it! Nancy in Tucson;)

Thanks so much everyone! And Nancy, you're just the best. If it wasn't for George we never would have met. Just another reason to love him.

The show was such a thrill for me and I'm still stunned. I had posted pictures of Sundance, that's the quilt that won best of show and best machine quilting, several months ago asking for quilting ideas and not surprisingly, received great ideas from you all. All the quilting was done on George and have I to say, it turned out great. I LOVE that man!!!! I uploaded the few photos I have to Webshots, but they are not the greatest. I'm headed back to the show today and will take better pictures. There are three other quilts in the my Webshots and these also received ribbons. And, to top it off I received a note from a good quilting friend last night telling me she saw my name on the list of Paducah semi-finalists. Someone pinch me!

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/576943415EsxVid

Great quilting young lady... keep it going... nothing like a thrill to keep that heart pumpin, the lungs breathing, and the mind working on colors, patterns, stitching, etc, etc, etc.

Just Curious, how do you apply the binding... machine sewn both sides, or machine on one side, hand finish on the other...

Rtar

Guest Linda S

Wow - Congratulations! As someone who used to quilt on her domestic machine, I have the utmost admiration for those of you who push the quilt around under the needle. I just couldn't do it that well. Fabulous work - loved your webshots!

Linda

Archived