QZ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a front one - that is one of the reasons i chose qz. i dont like standing behind the machine - never even do pantos - i like to watch what's happening and see it all appear. plus, it's easier to line up if you're in the front and can see the quilt. at least it is for me.

i have wondered what it would loook like hooked up on the back. would you have to walk around each time to center it in the block? and then back around to operate the qz?

oh well, i'm a relative newbie but i have played with it quite a bit & i like it up front.

Yes Meg you would have to walk around each time, unless you have long arms. The nice part it that the Quiltazoid is very accurate so you wouldn't have to worry about it not matching up.

Personally I want to be up close and personal with my quilt tops! I work primarily from the front, although I do do pantos too. I much prefer the front.

heidi - well then i am really glad i got the front mount because i am nothing if not lazy!

joyce - seriously - i have played alot with it and i am very happy with the front mount.

however, i do appreciate that these are all personal choices.

good luck with your decision.

Whoooeeeee my QZ is to arrive tomorrow, and we are at the end of UPS's route, so it will be late afternoon before I get it. :( I ordered the front mount.. I hate working from the back, though I have to at times.

Congrats on the new QZ, Joyce, I think you made a very wise decision.. for what thats worth. ;)

I Like the Zoidsters best.. but most are cute..

My problem is I have 7 little kids quilts ready for binding and none ready for quilting that are small.

Himself has one ready to quilt but it is a full sized quilt, which I don't want to play on.

Heidi, how big is the one in the pict. that Adam and Linda have on their site.. It looks to be about fabric wide and a bit longer... ?

Rita

Congratulations, Joyce, on jumping on the Quiltazoid wagon! Oh, the anticipation!

Still think APQS should create a new SUBJECT for just us Quiltazoid followers.

Still like QZ's, too. Zoidsters is my close 2nd.

Bonnie, I'm an up front girl, too. My machine is in close quarters AND I'm only 5'4" so working from the back is not fun for me when I want to check the quilting. That's usually when I get hip bruises.

here are some more ideas...

zoidaholic (addicted)

zoidasseur or connoizioid (connoisseur spin offs)

zoiders

zoidist

schizoid

zoidite

zoidtiste

q-zu (like guru)

of course all of these could also use quiod as the base as well. i know there were more - but i can recall them now.

can you tell that i was unable to sleep last night? bloody menopause!

Heidi,

yes I meant the sampler... my brain is on frozen honey mode today, couldn't find the word anywhere... :D

I think I'm just going to make a sandwich of muslin and W & N scraps, and play around until I'm ready to do something serious.. course have to warm up this honey mode brain a bit..

Many thanks,

Ritar

Rita,

LOL you are just excited! I hadn't planned on this really being anything but it is my quilt now! I had some satin and decide to just section it off into squares and have fun. It was 54" wide so I think I sectioned it off in 12" blocks, 4 x 5. I marked the boundaries for the squares with my washable crayola markers. Then I just did something different in each square. It was a great way to play. It took me the weekend to do.

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Originally posted by CindyT

Still think APQS should create a new SUBJECT for just us Quiltazoid followers.

Cindy..I have asked...TWICE. I believe Heidi has asked about a forum spot too. Maybe if we inundate them with requests...they would say YES! ;)

I did request it and Heidi says that the powers to be will consider it. I think all of you requesting it would be great. We really do need out own special spot.

Archived