My panel for Linzi's Quilted Yurt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristina, I have several drawings before I settled on what to do and THEN it didn't turn out how I intended, but Linzi said she liked it so it got finished and mailed back. It lacked 3 inches of border because I didn't have enough material or any more out of my stash that was plain enough to make it big enough. I was trying to stay with what Linzi suggested but switch it up a little bit. This was my version of wacky rail fence.

post--13461903668691_thumb.jpg

Alright Sandra, you have raised the bar realllly high!!! My panel that was designed by my friend Judy (lurker on this list and Lenni owner) and myself is all put together. It is waiting to be quilted. My Lenni is back in Paducah, I am here in Fla trying to get my nerve up to have a go at it on Gertie (without SR) oh my!! I think I can, I think I can..... Guess I will start the quilting tomorrow GULP!!!!

Well I have redesigned my panel for Linzi 15 times. Which is fine as my sewing room is still in a pile. Sheetrocking, etc. But at some point in the very near future, I'm going to have to decide on it and as Myna says "JUST DO IT". But after looking at all the panels, they are a hard act to follow!!!

So I'm in last place!!! Not a good place to be.

Shirley

Thanks everyone for the wonderful, confidence building comments. You don't know how much your kind words mean to me. :)

Cindy-I think your panel looks very good. I think the greatest thing is everyone's individual style and committment to help Linzi with this fabulous project. I am really looking forward to seeing the completed project, even if just in the pictures.

Mary Beth - The quilt in the background was done with my CL Baptist Fan, the Ginko template in the corners and the (I forget what it's called) in the border where the feathers are. I do have a few quilts here I can photograph and send in, but mostly everything has gone to its new home at Christmas or birthdays and I don't have pictures of them. Hopefully this weekend I can get a few minutes and send in some pictures. I really like the idea of this contest so I get to see all the creative ways people are using the templates.

Now I have to give the Stunt Quilters a pep talk... it's NOT a competition!! I love what everyone has done. They don't actually have to be super fancy at all. Some of mine are very basic strippies 'cos they can't all be fancy-schmancy. They are all quite different but have colours or ideas in common.

Stop worrying - when they are all together they will ALL look fantastic - one of those things that you just have to keep wandering around finding more things to look at that you didn't see before. And... things can always be added later. I might make some bunting for the roof and sew toggles all the way around ... at the show!

Now back to work... I must quilt at least 2 more this week!!:o

Cindy, love your panel. I almost made one like it but switched to an Amish string star. I decided how to quilt it last night so back to work as soon as I clock out this afternoon. Linzi, we know it's not a competition but you know how us quilter's are, LOL. I so wish that we could see this Yurt in person, it's going to be outstanding!!! I think it should make the trip to Houston and the AQS show because it will be so unique (as long as the quilt police don't go near my panel) !!!!!

Great work ladies! Love the panels!!! I am going finish piecing mine today.. just need to add in the borders. I need to email Linzi and verify the finished size needed. I think it was 30" x 54" ?????? also - if I need to bind it or not???

Sandra - your quilting is awesome!!!! I love the scrappy binding too - well done!

Oh - another thing.... what about a label???

I always make a embrodiery label on my Brother and then attach it to my quilts before I quilt them .... but since this is for Linzi.... do you want on on there as to who made it and from where??? If yes - then what would you want it to say???

Wait til you see the roof pics!... I have not done any labels (prob should have) but want a paragraph of info and pics from all the stunt quilters at some stage to make a handout for the launchshow and eventually a real book. After its launch at LLQS I will seriously try to get "someone" to book and ship it to the USA!!

Thanks, Shana. He, he , he...I had such a blast stitching my way outside of the box.

You're welcome, Judi.

Thanks so much, Marlette. Now you'll have to join us...the "Linzi's Yurt Groupies." :P

Linzi,

When you know where and when the yurt will be, other that at Loch Lomond in May, please let me know...even if it is in Europe. Maybe I can plan a vacation around it. I am planning to go on a trek to Machu Pichu for several weeks in September, but I am getting "cold feet." If I wind up cancelling this trip, it will free up a big chunk of cash and vacation time from work that I could use for something else later. So, I always say "maybe," never that it's "impossible." So, it's still possible that I could get to Europe or Scotland later this year.

Sandy

Archived