My panel for Linzi's Quilted Yurt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, Sandra just beautiful. I finished my top Sunday and it's on the frame ready to quilt. You have "raised the bar"!!!

Embellishment, hummmm that gives me an idea!! Linzi, the Yurt is going to be fantastic. When finished, APQS should put it in their "quilter's spotlight". I hope that I get to see it in person somehow, someway!!! I loved being able to actually talk to you on SKYPE. I'll let you know when I'm finished quilting my panel, so we can SKYPE with video.:cool:

High Five!!! Sandra, that left me almost speechless...it is awesome! I love the quilting and details you added to the simple Gees Bend feel top. Love the quilted butterfly! I can't wait to see pictures of Linzi's finished yurt, too. I sent my yurt top (no quilting) to Linzi last week. Linzi can do a much better job of quilting than I would ever think about doing.

Sandra,

The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Gees Bend. What you did really glitzed it up (is that a word?). Like Cindy I sent my top without the quilting. There is no way I can come close to what you and Linzi are able to do. There is no glitz in mine so Linzi will have to add her special touch.

Pamela

Sandra, someone else asked this question, but I didn't see your answer. The Yurt panel looks like all freehand, but the quilt behind it looks like a CL piece....are you entering it in the CL Challenge?? Get it in girl....the challenge is almost over and everyone will be invited to vote.

Sandra,

an absolute stunner.

I promise to make sure that once the Yurt is together I will make Linzi takes lots of pictures. I am very lucky as the show that the Yurt is premiered at is only 10 mins down the road from me. :):)

Kath G,

I hope you are going to come and see the delights of the Loch Lomond Quilt Show. We'll be able to tell you all about MQX.

Archived