MQX attendees

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that Sandra G. will be making blue ribbons for everybody to wear so we can easily identify our Forum friends! Please stop by DeLoa's booth to get your ribbon if you are going to MQX. I can't wait to see you all. I'm sure while in DeLoa's booth you might find a thing or two you just can't do without!

if you were to pick 2 days and 1 night to be at MQX - what would they be? :o

i'm really trying to get there and want to make sure i get the most out of it.

i checked online today and dawns tension class is full already :( that would have been the best class for me...

i've heard if you arrive at the beginning - you cabn get cheap thread from superior.

since i have never been...imwtk

tia

Meg,

If I were to pick one niht and 2 days I'd probably pick Wed or Thursday night. I think the vendor mall opens Wed. night and if you go to the awards banquet you get early preview. Thursday will still have most things in stock so you can get your shopping done. Superior has loads of stuff. The most popular colors will run out quicker but last year they had a lot and didn't seem to run out.

Sandra,

I can probably pick you up at the airport and drive you to the hotel. The airport, even though I know it says Providence, TF Green airport, is not in Providence. Let me just check my class list, I'm pretty sure that I'm free Tuesday morning. Send me your flight info and a number that I can reach you at. I'll try and touch base with you some time next week.

If anyone else is flying into Providence on Tues am, feel free to let me know I might be able to pick up several people. I have a 7 passenger van and live about 20 minutes from the conference center.

Dianne

I will be coming in on Wednesday with Heidi. The show opens after the Awards Ceremony. The people attending the Awards Ceremony get into the show 30 minutes before they let anyone else go in at 6:30. I think that you have to be a pregistered student to go to the preview. I don't think it will be open to the public. That is what it says on page 18 of the booklet. Hope this helps.

Heidi and I are staying in the Westin also.

If you'rel arriving at the airport, check with the Westin, they probably have shuttle service from the airport. I remember the airport was fairly small but I haven't been to Providence in a few years. I had to fly there often to attend school at the Navy base in Newport.

I'm flying in to Boston then going on to Cape Cod for a few days before getting to the Westin on Tues. I'm so excited as I've booked several classes & can't wait to see all the goodies around. I've been trying to compose a list of things I want/need :) & just hope I can get them all home in my case!!!!

So looking forward to meeting some of you too.

Not long now........

If anyone is flying into Providence on Tuesday morning and needs a ride to the hotel, please feel free to contact me. I will be picking up Sandra and have plenty of space for anyone else.

Anyone flying into Logan Airport/ Boston might want to check out Foxfield Taxi, Foxboro MA. for transportation to Providence, just in case there is no shuttle. I have used them before and they are pretty reasonable. I have been soaked by some ofthe other car services in the area.

Anyone coming in by Amtrak, the hotels are within walking distance, a few blocks away.

Angie, Where are you going on the Cape? There are some great quilt stores out that way. Heartbeat Quilts and Tumbleweeds are two of them and they are maybe a 15 minute drive apart.

Dianne

On the MQX site, click on 2010 SHOW, then 2010 TRAVEL INFORMATION. That's where I found this:

NEW! Convention Travel Information - The Providence Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has put together a great site to answer all your questions regarding travel in and around Providence. Please click http://www.goprovidence.com/subsites/MQX/ to access this site.

Archived