Jones Trio in Louisiana

SandraG

Monday March 22nd - Thursday March 25th

We are excited about hosting the Jones Trio, DeLoa, Dave and Jessica at The Quilt Corner in Baton Rouge!

Visit www.quiltcorneronline.com or email sandra@quiltcorneronline.com for more information.

Monday Night

Dave Jones-Long Arm Maintenance Class (6:00 pm)

Dave teaches a great maintenance class. Learn the importance of keeping a maintenance schedule and also how to troubleshoot problems.

Tuesday

DeLoa Jones-The Basics of Feathering- Beginner/Intermediate (6 hour hands on)

Unlock the mystery of free motion feathers. These feathers are simple and easy but yet elegant for any quilt. You will learn the basic feather and then how to use it in crosses, wreaths, hearts, swags, and borders. Learn how to vary the feather shape to fit into different quilt styles. Many designs and ideas are offered in this class.

Jessica Jones- The Background Adventure All Levels (6 hour hands on)

Join me for an adventure into background fillers. We will explore the basic oldies as well as throw in many new and innovative designs that will add elegance and texture to your quilts. Many of these designs are versatile enough to use as all over’s as well as small backgrounds. I will also add some texture designs for the landscape type of quilts that you may have. A little bit of everything.

Wednesday

Jessica Jones- Victorian Feathers and Feather Designing (6 hour hands on)

I will let you in on a little secret and show you how I design all the feathers that you see on my website. I will show you how to quilt the traditional Victorian feather and then how I design these feathers to fit the quilts. These feathers will take a step out of the traditional as I show you how they can dance across your quilt.

DeLoa Jones - Stencils, Fillers & Embellishments, OH MY!! (6 hour hands on)

Join Deloa for a day long adventure in how to use stencils (she has fabulous information to share), background fillers & other embellishments. Learn to use Angelina fibers, thread, and fabric dye pens and thread play to enhance your quilts. DeLoa might even show us one of her famous chickens! This is a hands on tutorial that is sure to be loads of fun!

Thursday

DeLoa Jones- Welcome to my Block Party All Levels (6 hour hands on)

Sampler quilts will no longer be a headache but become a joy after this class. You will learn many ways to do a block with continuous curve, loops, twists, curls, stencils, feathers, etc. With little marking or stops and starts you will quilt your way around the block and home again. I will also show you how to connect blocks and all your quilting on a quilt to make your quilting time more productive. We will discuss many ways to quilt traditional quilts and various blocks. You will be able to tackle that next quilt with a lot of design ideas

Jessica Jones- Extravagant Borders Advanced

Beginner/Intermediate (6 hour hands on)

Let me show you many border designs that will “wow” your quilts. I will show you 20 designs along with many variations that you can free motion on your quilts with no marking or turning your quilts. I will show you how to go around your corners and down the sides of your quilts. Sashings will be a breeze with my quick and easy methods. This class offers tons of ideas to help your quilting be easy, quick and elegant.

Archived