Accuquilt Go Cutter !!!

Accuquilt GO

My accuquilt go cutter and dies are floating around inside the post offices in Parkersburg, WVa. For 3 days now. Paypal sent it to my old address and the post office didn't notice my address change. Now it has to be sent back through so it can be sent out again. I tried picking it up ,will be 2 or 3 more days.I have been since 3/09/10 trying to get this thing since I ordered it. Carol amazing !!!!! LOL

I have a GO Drunkards Path in progress. It was so easy to cut them out with the GO, and they have a little notch in the centre of the curve to help match them up while piecing.

Wish I was as quick to sew them together as they are to cut out. :D

I love the 2 1/2" strip cutter for making bindings.

Have fun !!!

I saw the GO at Joann's last week when I was there. Unfortunately they will not honor coupons for any of the GO products. Hancock Fabrics (not of Paducah) also has it on their web site, but I haven't seen a way to use a coupon at Hancock. Mary Beth has a source for the GO products at a good price. I haven't decided if I will get one but I think I can justify it by saying I won't cut my finger with the rotary cutter and need 8 stitches again! :P:P:P The GO is cheaper than that trip to the ER!

For piecing drunkards path and other curves such as this, I have also used a Curve master foot on my machine. With this foot, you do not match up notches or pin or clip the curve. I saw it demoed and it looks like a real time saver. it is taking me a little practice to perfect the technique. It also depends on the DSM machine you have. It does not like my older Brother machine, but it works just fine on my newer machine.

Carol, I hope you get your Go soon, it must be hard having it so close yet not quit inyour hands yet. I got mine a day afte Mary Beth got hers and so far I cut out binding, and used the Drunkards Path die for a Drunkards Path Wall quilt.But I only pieced 6 of the blocks together so far. The notches help alot.

I hope they come out with the Double Wedding Ring die for the GO, always wanted to do that quilt as well, just never too keen on doing all of that cutting.

Originally posted by mrsbishwit

Carol, I hope you get your Go soon, it must be hard having it so close yet not quit inyour hands yet. I got mine a day afte Mary Beth got hers and so far I cut out binding, and used the Drunkards Path die for a Drunkards Path Wall quilt.But I only pieced 6 of the blocks together so far. The notches help alot.

I hope they come out with the Double Wedding Ring die for the GO, always wanted to do that quilt as well, just never too keen on doing all of that cutting.

Let me know if you want to do a DWR quilt--I can cut it for you!

Rose

Rose, that is a wonderful thought! I also have the studio and lots of dies. I would be happy to cut for anyone on the forum.:) I have the drunkards path...double wedding ring....dresden plate.....chisel shapes...signature block....half square 3" finished....1 1/2" rick rack for borders....bear paw....rob peter to pay paul....5" squares.....take 5......2 1/2" strips.....2" strips....6 1/2" strips.....4" strips.....cedar tree.....school house....and the complete set to make the 12" block, that I bought when I got the studio. You can look on their website to see what they look like. Someday when I learn how I will post pictures of some of the tops I have pieced using them. The rickrack for borders is gorgeous on quilts. I love, love, love my studio!!

Originally posted by brake

For piecing drunkards path and other curves such as this, I have also used a Curve master foot on my machine. With this foot, you do not match up notches or pin or clip the curve. I saw it demoed and it looks like a real time saver. it is taking me a little practice to perfect the technique. It also depends on the DSM machine you have. It does not like my older Brother machine, but it works just fine on my newer machine.

I have been thinking about the curvemaster foot. I have a new viking machine...do you think it is worth the money?

Originally posted by cblevins

Rose, that is a wonderful thought! I also have the studio and lots of dies. I would be happy to cut for anyone on the forum.:) I have the drunkards path...double wedding ring....dresden plate.....chisel shapes...signature block....half square 3" finished....1 1/2" rick rack for borders....bear paw....rob peter to pay paul....5" squares.....take 5......2 1/2" strips.....2" strips....6 1/2" strips.....4" strips.....cedar tree.....school house....and the complete set to make the 12" block, that I bought when I got the studio. You can look on their website to see what they look like. Someday when I learn how I will post pictures of some of the tops I have pieced using them. The rickrack for borders is gorgeous on quilts. I love, love, love my studio!!

I forgot to add... If anyone wants something cut just let me know and I will send my address :)

GO is desigened more for personal use...Studio is designed more for quilt stores. Studio is much more expensive, but it has tons of dies so you get more quilting options, plus you can cut more fabric...I think 8 layers compared to about 6 with the GO. I would have love to have the studio, just can't justify the cost.

If you have a vendor's license and an affiliation with Checker Dist., they are now having a sale on GO dies and mats.

Have been told that it is a great discount. Know they have a min. purchase amount and also a minimum to get free shipping. Don't have any other details.

Gardenslug

I have been following this discussion and investigating the neat little machine. But I have decided I will wait a while. For sure, if I was to buy it now, a new inproved model would be out tomorrow - like an automated one you don't have to crank and it would be on sale at a great price!

GeorgiaGal:D

As of todays date I still do not have my go cutter. I have calledeveryone I can think of at the post office. I am starting to get peed off. LOL Thanks girls for all your well wishes. I got quite a few dies with mine if I ever get it, lol But you know how it is. I always wanted to make a drunkards path so I will buy that die.I bought the hexagons at a local quilt store. I also might get the chiseled pieces. and the tumblers. Carol;)

Archived