MQX hotel suggestion

HELP!!!!

Hubby just told me to go ahead and book the hotel and airfare if I want to go to MQX. Apparently he needs a break from work and I guess he thinks that going to MQX will be the only way I will leave my puppies (well one puppy and one old dog).

Anybody have any suggestions for hotels within walking distance or ones that have shuttle service, etc.

I really appreciate any advice as I have never been to MQX or Providence for that matter.

Lisa:)

Lisa,

This is a new venue and I'm not much help. Hopefully Dianne will pop in because she is from the area. Did you go to the MQX website and look to see what they have for hotels? I'm sure the Westin is probably booked but openings will come, just keep calling every day! The last 2 years Charlotte and I were able to get a room in NH just weeks before the show. Just be persistant. Ask the person when they open up rooms. Many hotels do it late at night, others do it early and even others do it as reservations were canceled.

Thanks Heidi

I did contact the Westin but they are not offering the advertised rate of $149 (as on the MQX website) the cheapest room starts at $179. up to $349. Ouch!!!

The Hilton and Marriott are a little better $149 and the Biltmore is $129. From the map they all look easy to get to from the convention center I was just hoping to get someone's advise that knew the area.

I didn't know it was a new venue, I guess that most of you are in the same boat as I am. Thanks for your suggestions to check at different times I had not even thought of that.

Hope to meet you Heidi and I can't wait to see your quilts they are going to be spectacular!!!

Lisa;)

Dory,

We are definitely going to do MQX West Next year and I will not take no for an answer. Put in on your calendar!! I really wish you could have gone we have such a great time together. I will miss you...:(:(:(

Matt,

I should have said I can't wait to meet some of you quilters, how could I have forgotten to mention the gentlemen quilters...... My bad. I hope to meet you also. It is very exciting, just confirmed my classes so I guess I just have to wait patiently until April 12.... That will be the hard part!!

Lisa:)

Lisa,

There are numerous hotels in Providence. Most of them are fairly close to each other. I have not stayed at any of them as I am only 20 minutes away, however you can always review the hotels on Trip Advisor.

If the two listed for the show are already booked there is also the Biltmore, a older hotel, but I think it was renovated a few years ago. Hotel Providence, Sportsman Inn, and Courtyard by Marriott. There are more hotels, but I think these are the closest to the convention center.

If there are still rooms at the Westin and the Hilton and they are not honoring the MQX price, then I would contact Mary or Janet-Lee from MQX and speak with them. Last year the host hotel in N.H. had rooms open but said they didn't have any left at the MQX rate. That was until Mary caught wind of it and all of a sudden the rates went down.

Hope this helps.

Dianne

Archived