I can not tell a Lie!

I have been a lurker for entirely too long! It's time to come out from the shadows.

First - I want to apologize for being a lurker. I am truly sorry.

Second - I want to say - WOW! What a very talented group of individuals! I have admired many, many of your quilts. I can only hope to be half as talented! APPAUSE, APPLAUSE!

Thirdly - You all are a TERRIFIC source for the many facets of being a long arm quilter: from thread, to batting, to tension, to pricing, to quilting ideas, to table wheels, to Quilt Shows, to Quiltazoids (?) .... The list goes on and on! For that I say THANK YOU! I have learned so much!

Last but not certainly not least, the INSPIRATION and encouragement that comes from reading the posts is absolutely AWESOME!

You All Are GREAT! And I look forward to reading, AND REPONDING to many more topics and posts - That is you will forgive me for lurking?

Joanie Moore

Hastings, MN

P.S: Does anyone else have a drawer full of T-Shirts with little holes all over the stomach area from catching them on the pins on the leader? hmmmm Maybe I should start wearing an apron...

Welcome!!!

I lurked for a few months before I got enough nerve to post. So of course you are forgiven at least by me and I am sure Many Many more!!

I read a post a while back about putting painters tape across the pins once thebacking is pinned on to the leaders. It is such a simple idea that I can't believe I didn't think of it on my own, but I cannot take credit for it as it was not my suggestion. (sorry can't remember who posted that)

So welcome and post as often or as little as you like we are a friendly bunch!!:):)

Lisa

Originally posted by moorequilts

Does anyone else have a drawer full of T-Shirts with little holes all over the stomach area from catching them on the pins on the leader? hmmmm Maybe I should start wearing an apron...

OMG!!! yes i do....i was always too embaressed to admit it, but i figured out to just loosen the quilt roller and let the canvas leader cover the pins- t-shirts saved!

btw, welcome to the forum you lurker you!....so that was you hiding behind the tree huh? :)

I kept bandaids and liquid bandaid next to my machine for the first 3 years. Then I graduated to zippers....Then to staples. The zippers and staples saved my life, cause I thought I was going to bleed to death....not to mention those stinking pins hurt like heck!

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to apologize for lurking....it's not like you were eves dropping or something like that....you were just staying in the shadows until you were ready to make yourself known.

Originally posted by moorequilts

.... P.S: Does anyone else have a drawer full of T-Shirts with little holes all over the stomach area from catching them on the pins on the leader? hmmmm Maybe I should start wearing an apron...

No holes in T-shirts from those mean pins that bite but I do have a bunch of holes in my finger tips where I caught a pin or two... or three... and blood stains on the leaders to prove it.

Welcome Joanie and I'm glad you are out of lurkdom! Join in and have fun. As you know we love people to share. No pins for me, just zippers. I did recently have a quilt basted with pins and caught a pin and tore my quilt! It happened to be my latest show quilt and I was not at all happy! I will have to add a little patch to fix it. I did have an apron on so it didn't tear my shirt!

Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you join our little family! Oh, did I say "little"?? hahahaha

As for the holes in the t-shirts, I wouldn't tell anyone about mine cause I figured my big belly did it!! :o Now I know even you skinny people get them!! But now I too, have zippers and baste them with Superiors Vanish!

Again - WOW!! You all are Great! Thanks for the Big Welcome! As I was reading through, I recognise all of you...and I feel like I know you all already!!

Thanks Dory, Lisa, Shannon, Kristina, cj, Sylvia, Mary Beth. Janette, Shanna, Libby, Heidi, Irene, LinneaMarie, Patty Jo, Marilyn, Linda, and Caroline!!

This will be so Fun! :)

Welcome Joanie! Glad to see you are out of the shadows. If you have lurked for a while, I'm sure you know us all!

(Just a question--I load so the pins are completely enclosed by the edge of the leaders. Never had even one "sticker". Are you loading so the pins are facing up/out?)

Archived