Micro Drive handles

Hi Guys - love you all!

I have another question, and did a search but didn't find the answer I'm looking for. I just got micro drive handles. I don't have a project yet to use them with, but I thought I'd install them and see how they looked and felt. There was nothing in the instructions that said how high to place them. Is there a special spot? I tried them low, but that looks like it would get in the way of the thread.

Also - Heidi - I recall a while back you had a post about booties. I would love to read that post again. What do I search for? Maybe 'booties'? I haven't tried that, but it would make sense..

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We have beautiful weather here in Ontario, but it's supposed to snow by Sunday :mad:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=17748

Hi Caroline

I dont have the Millie, but on my Lenni I have them so they are just skimming the quilt top. I would be interested to hear how others have theirs set.

Above is the link for the little booties that Heidi made. I was looking for the instructions as well.

You have a wonderful weekend too. This girl should be in bed as it is gone 1am here in the UK:)

Caroline,

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier but I see Kathy came to my rescue! I have moved my handles up and down. I like mine pretty close to the top so mine are down a little lower. Make sure the tread doesn't rub on them at the bottom. The metal at the bottom is slanted and it should be high enough that the thread doen't come in contact with them.

Heidi - what about the booties - are those 'booties' that i see on your hunters star post? I think its the first few pics that have it shown. what r they made of?

btw - just enjoyed a nice meal with my 16 year old - we are away for weekend in beantown cuz he is playing in a tourney... i just love this son of mine!!!

please remind me of this when i get home and can't stand having his smelly gear in the house!!

Meg,

The booties are made of fabric and have foam pieces in them. You can add as many pieces as you need to get the control you want.

Enjoy your son! They grow up way too fast! I love to spend time with mine. He is 27 now but we have always gotten along. He is in NC now and I miss not seeing him all the time. LOL I don't miss his smelly gear though!

Thanks for the info everyone. I've printed the instructions and will be making some 'booties' soon! :)

I've set the handles pretty low. I would like to go lower but then I can't get a screwdriver in to change the needle. Heidi - is that what you found too? In your picture it looks like it is still a bit lower than mine. Do you have a different solution for changing a needle - or is it set as low as possible but still hight enough to get at the needle screw? I have a long thin screwdriver. I used to have a short stumpy one, but that won't work anymore.

Also, what does everyone usually do. Leave them on permanently or put them on only when the project requires it?

I take mine on and off as needed. They're on right now and set way up by the light. I tip the handles and lock them up till I need to use them. It's usually when I get to a thorough cleaning on the Millie, that I'll take them off, knowing they won't be used for awhile.

I leave mine on. If you fold them up the screw holder knob thingy can be tighted to keep them there. Althoug after I added the Quiltazoid I had to put a rubberband around the quiltazoid bracket to keep the left one up. Not a big Deal. They stay out of my way and are easy to use when I need them. There is 3 phillips screws on each handle so you can remove them and put them back on without moving the bracket if you want them off.

Shirley

Archived