Quilting on a label

Bev

This might seem to be a pretty obvious question to most of you, however, as it is my first attempt I thought I would question the pro's first. My customer has made a beautiful label and she wants me to quilt it to the bottom right corner as I do the quilting. I am thinking that I want to baste it on first and then just quilt over it. Is it that simple or are there other techniques that I might want to try first? And unless I load the quilt bottom first - how do I decide where the bottom right hand corner will end up. Having asked all these questions I have to admit that I loaded the quilt forgetting the label. So what can I do about it now.

Thanks for the help. Bev

Bev,

I've quilted over a label that had already been applied and loaded it bottom up so I could make sure the label didn't end up too close to the cut off point. I think I would applique the label in position before quilting to make sure all the edges were secured. If you've already loaded the quilt without the label, I would probably unpin and start over. I can't think of a way to temporarily attach the label, in the right place, while the top and backing are loaded. Maybe you could just unpin the lower edge of the backing to apply the label....but you'd have to be sure of where to put it.:o

Bev,

If you have Steam Seam 2, you could put it on the edges of the quilt label and fuse it down before stitching. I hate to baste and use this product just about anywhere I would have to baste. You can get it in rolls of 1/4" and 1/2".

Char

I have one customer who always applies the label to the back and I have to quilt over it......... she just makes sure its up far enough not to be in the extra fabric, and I really never know when I go over it...... so its just quilted right in with the rest.......

LindaSusie

Linda Susie Quilts.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lindasusiequilts

Archived