Old Sewing Machines

Kay would you consider selling just the machine, parts and attachments, other words without the cabinet.. ??? Any idea on shipping to Sanford, NC.. ? or how much it weighs.. even with cabinet.. this was the first machine I bought myself back in 1957...

Loved it and have been looking for one.. it looks pristine.. you can email me.. please?

Rita

Ok, here's the deal. We have to move. Hubby out of work for the last 6 months. Moving in 2 or 3 weeks from Kansas to Texas. New house is 1/2 the size of what I have now. Need to raise cash for the move. I've spent the last 4 years building my business and now have to totally dismantle, cull, and relocate it. New employer not helping with the move at all.

So here is what I have to sell:

4463205748_27ff10df84.jpg

Lot #1: 1, 1955 Singer 99K, made in Clydebank, Scotland. Serial # EK590403. It weighs about 30 lbs.The gold accent paint is largely intact. The bobbin winder works. This machine was recently inspected, cleaned and lubricated by Quilters Haven, in Olathe, KS. The machine runs like new, sewes a beautiful stitch, has to original light and power cord. The "fish eye" light even works. The cord is original, still soft and supple, no cracking. The power feed is the original "bake light" model made for this machine. Works perfectly. The accessories box (I think is original, is tin, aqua color with gold lettering) contains the following:

2 zipper feet, 1 roller foot, 1 rolled edge foot, 1 straight stitch foot, and metal bobbins.

4462424537_e688c36e01.jpg

Lot #2: As you know the 99K is a 3/4 scale of the Singer 66. That means it's smaller than most machines. I have an oak cabinet, solid wood, that I have "filled in" the base area so the little machine will fit. Someone else might do a better job of it. This cabinet is 34" wide, 17 1/4" deep, and 30" high. It has two leaves on the top that open out to a 17 1/4" by 66" work surface. It has 3, 12" wide drawers, top is 4" deep, middle is 7 1/2" deep, bottom is 10" deep. Very sturdy and well made.

4461580061_53e5d806fe.jpg

Lot #4: 1, Singer model 500A, all I know about this machine is it does sew. Was made between 1960 and 1970. It is in a nice cabinet, will do a zig zag stitch, has one zig zag foot, will accept "cams" for decorative stitches, (but I don't have the cams). I got this machine in an estate sale and it did not have an accessories box. I do have the button hole attachment

4461581203_be9ef069df.jpg

Lot #5: 1, White Super Deluxe Sewing Machine. Don't know the year, I'd say 1960's. Accepts cams (but I don't have them). Estate sale find. Accessories box contains: 2, zig zag throat plates, straight stich throat plate, cleaning brush, zipper/quilting foot, seam guide, embroidery foot, zig zag foot, rolled edge foot, button foot, extra bobbin case, and bobbin winder ring. The cabinet has removable legs.

Archived