thread cutter

Hi everyone, I just had my machine serviced and they replaced the blades for my thread cutter and now it is chewing the thread and not fully cutting it so I have to take so mush time to bring it up and a lot of times it is still not cut. Also often when I go to bring my thread up it does not come up and when I remove my bobbin case the thread it jammed up in the bobbin area so I have to manually move the needle down til it is free. What is causing these problems which are a PITA. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks, Nora

I am sure you have already checked this, but watch and make sure the cutter finger is sliding between the blades, and not over or under the blades. You can adjust the tightness of the blades with the tiny screws. If the blades were replaced, they are very sharp, so I bet the finger is missing the mark.

Nora,

Call APQS service - they can walk you through the adjustment. I have had the same problem, on and off, with my old Millie (and once with my new Millie). The fix is pretty simple - you just have to adjust the little gold screws holding the blades. Just tighten each one a little bit (each the same amount), then try cutting thread - you should be able to see when it cuts it cleanly. If the "thread puller arm" starts to ride up over the blades, then you've tightened them too much - back off and call me or APQS.

Archived