kristina needs your support

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just signed on the PC. I'm so sadden about Krstina's son. He, Kritina and all the family will be in my prayers. I;m so pleased she was able to travel with him and she has friends around to suppor her and the family. Hiugs for them!!!

Kristina,

My thoughts are with you and your son as you and your family deal with this difficult time. Keep in mind all the advancements that have been made in medicine. Let's hope you son is soon feeling better.

Dianne, one of many friends that you have on this site.

I haven't been on here for a few days so I just found out. Prayers and hugs coming your way Kristina. Hang in there.

Lisa, is there an address where we can send cards to Kristina and Sven? Please post it if you know it. Maybe we could cheer them both up with a note or card. Kristina is always so ready to help us all.

36 long hours later...and I have left the hospital. Bryson will stay the night with Sven tonight...so I can hopefully get some rest!

I have learned so much. I am terrified of needles...yet Sven gave me a saline injection tonight to practice and also so I could feel more comfortable in injecting hime without hurting him. fells like a tiny pinch is all. thank goodness...or I would be crying more than I already am.

We as a family are devastated and know that the Lord is taking care of Sven. He got so sick and lost nearly 10 pounds and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. The school nurse actually picked up on signs that we all missed. She tested his blood glucose yesterday morning and sure enough...very high. Within 10 minutes we were in the ER and he was on insulin and saline drips.

Type 1 Insulin dependent diabetes is what he has. His Beta cells of the Pancreas have stopped working and he is in for a life changing experience...we all are!

Thank you for your prayers. The Lord listens and hears your prayers. I am including a picture of Sven as of this afternoon with 3 of his sisters and one brother.

I love you all. Please pray that we get to go home soon. they are thinking maybe Thursday if things can get stabilized.

post--13461903826428_thumb.jpg

Kristina,

I am so happy that he has turned the corner. Of course you will have a lot on your plate as you learn the necessary procedures, signs and symptoms and how to best take care of your son (and yourself) but I know you will be able to get through this difficult period. Sven sounds like a trooper. It is amazing how resilient kids are and thank god they bounce back fast.

Please take care of yourself as well as your family and especially Sven.

All my best,

Lisa:)

Archived