kristina needs your support

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad to hear that Sven is going to be ok. It will be a challenge for all of you to learn to live with this disease, but it is do-able. I will continue to pray for all of you as you adjust to this new path that you are going to be walking on and I know that the Lord will be right beside you all the way. ;)

Kristina, my son was diagnosed with juvinile diabetes when he was 9 years old. He is 17 now and on an insulin pump. It is a life changing event, but they are coming out with better and better treatments and we are all , of course, hoping for a cure. Please email me any time if you would like to talk. I remember how it felt for me in March eight years ago when my son was diagnosed!

Karen

quiltarkp@bellsouth.net

Kristina I'm so glad to hear that Sven is feeling better and it sounds like he is receiving excellent care! Your family is absolutely beautiful! I love to see how his brother & sisters are so attentive and caring. You are a very lucky lady to have all those little tadpoles! Hugs and don't forget to take care of yourself!

Kristina, I will be praying for you and Sven and the entire family. As mother's were suppose to make everything alright. My son Daniel is epileptic and his seizures have returned after 2 years of being seizure free. So we are trying to find the right meds that don't mess with his head and keeps the seizures away.

Seek support groups they are awesome. My nephew and a cousin has juvenile diabetes and theirs weren't discovered until they couldn't be woke up because they were in a coma (they are fine now). So huge hugs to the school nurse, she really deserves an award. I know how badly you want to pick him up really fast and run really fast and the illness will just stay there in the bed and not know what happened but unfortunately we can't do that. I take each second as it comes and I am so thankful that it is something that with meds we can control, things could have been worse. If ever you need anything, call. ~hugs~

Oh Kristina, your update and photo are such a blessing! I've been out of town for a few days and am just catching up. May God's blessings continue to shine down on your lovely family. Now that you know what it is, you will be able to do what is needed. {{{HUGS}}}

Dear Kristina,

I am so glad to see the update and to learn Sven is getting better. Those little pieces of good news really carry a lot of weight in lifting our attitudes; it's true about mind over matter and thinking positive and prayer (which is always positive and good). So, I continue to think and pray positive things for you all.

PS: I love the photo of the kids all linking their hands together. Looks like they are solidarity and will make it through anything together. Cool. Isn't family support wonderful? And how your daughter in front is holding up her clenched fist to continue the link. OK so I'll grab her hand.

PS: nice quilt and the little stuffed animal moose is cute. You have a beautiful family and must be so proud.

Archived