Sign in to follow this  
DSB

Lake Charles, Lousiana

We're heading to Lake Charles in a week to do Katrina rehab work. Are there any quilt/fabric shops that we can visit in the area? We'll be coming from Chicago area.

Thanks.

Dale

Don't know about quilt shops, but would you PLEASE eat some cajun food for me?? I lived around there for 40 years and miss the food terribly! I have to make a pilgrimage every other year to get some!! lol

Barb Iliff

Freedom SR

Winding Ways Quilting

"When your life falls to pieces make a quilt!!"

There's a quilt shop in Lake Charles on W. Prien Lake Road called Quilts Bayou. Last time I was there, they didn't have a lot of fabric. There are a couple in Sulphur and I heard they didn't have a lot of fabric but I haven't been to either of them lately. I'm stashbusting, you know! :)

I can tell you some great restaurants in the area . . I'm not on a diet (though I definitely should be!)

Have fun and thanks for doing good work in my home town!

Judy Laquidara

Brownwood, TX

APQS Millennium

Blog: http://www.patchworktimes.com

If your coming through Effingham IL we'd love to see ya' here!! There's a nice little QS called Angie's Nine Patch (in effingham) right off the interstate a few miles.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Phillippians 4:6

Michelle Beckman

Log Cabin Quilting

Teutopolis, IL

Quilt Shops in Louisiana:

Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Independence, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Sulp;her, Houma, and more!

Sandra

Sandra Guilbeau, M. Ed.

Denham Springs, Louisiana

APQS -- Sales.Service.Education

Certified Superior Threads Educator

225-715-5524 cell

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I'm still not sure what route we will be using as we are first stopping in Chicago for the quilt festival. As for the cajun food, y'all can be sure that we'll be eating it, we LOVE it.

Dale