what should I quilt????

I quilted the jars in the pantry quilt once. I tried a new technique at the time, where you use a stencil and pounce powder to chalk in crosshatch lines and then do an easy fill in every other square. It turned out cute, but it I were to do it again, I would angle the crosshatch so it is parallel to the shelving on this quilt -- that way the jars would stand out more.

For inside the jars, I used Bottom Line to just outline the individual fruit. Then I quilted some lines on each end of the lids to make it look 3-D. Have fun with this one!

post--13461903830287_thumb.jpg

It depends on how big the jars are, but you could also just write some canning jar names on them with some bands around the jars to fill in extra space. You can write "Ball" "Kerr" "Golden Harvest" or even expand on that by writing something like "Kerr Mason Jar" I did that on a small wall hanging, at it is kind of cute. You don't notice the names until you get up close.

I quilted a bug jar quilt. In the spaces between the jars I put the Names of Different books titles that were about insects.

It then looked like a library shelf diplay. You had to look close to see the titles, as it was a black background and I used black thread.

The shop owner appreciated my "sense of humour" sand loved the quilting.

Lyn

I took this idea of the canning jars and made fish bowls of various shapes and sizes.. Used a turquoise with tripical fish on it and fussy cut. I made the background look like a set of shelves, and haven't a clue how I quilted it.. pict is on other puter.

Good luck.. nice suggestions here..

Ritar

Archived