Sewer's Aid or Thread Lube

They are the same product, but sold by different companys so hense the different name.

You can use it as Meg mentioned or you can put a piece of batting into the thread guide just above the spool and keep that wet with the stuff...and when I use Metallic's or a thread I can't get to slide through the tension disks, I even put a drop or two between them and then all is well. AND if you are going through a fabric that has glue, or a interfacing on it and the needle gums up...I actually run a drop down the needle to keep the needle moving smoothly through the fabric, when it starts to gum up I just repeat.

Thanks ladies. You answered my questions.

Bonnie, I was reading your blog........my hubby will want to come live with you. He is an avid gun collector, skeet/trap shooting, etc. That's where he is this very evening. At the local Izaak Walton club shooting Trap! I am not intersted in guns or shooting. He doesn't mind my getting new TOYS because he is always looking for his new TOYS as well. :>) We come out even, I think and everyone is happy.

Archived