What would you charge for this?

I did this quilt recently for a customer. It is an allover freehand design and I charged .01 per inch, which is the rate I charge in my area for an allover design. I'm thinking that I should have charged more, at least .02 per inch because the quilting is more elaborate and densly quilted. What would you charge for this type of quilting?

Thanks,

Debbi

I can only hope that, one day I will be able to do free-motion work as lovley as you do.

For me panto's are easy but, free-motion is so hard.

Just need to PPP a lot more, also I need lessons.

As to what to charge, there are so many ways to figure out how much to charge.

Try the "search" on the first page, type in "how much to charge", cost, or maybe priceing, there are lots of old threads that will help you figure out how to estimate what to charge, like hr's. that you work, or how many bobbins you used ect.

You do great work & you should get paid more than 1 cent an inch for this kind of quilting.

On the first page of this forum, there is listing for "Starting your own Q-business" there are large sections devoted to the question of what to charge.

I would think that you should have charged more. I think our prices should be determined by how complex the design; density; etc. Even if you did it freehand, and that comes easy to you...you still had to learn it somewhere! It is a skill and you are a craftswoman!! I'll bet your customer couldn't do it, and she wouldn't find it at JC Penney. Yes, I think you should have charged more. My two cents!!

Mary Beth

Archived