best practice for multiple techniques in 1 quilt

it's a crib-size quilt. Not large at all. middle piece is one fabric on which I've resized a panto of 'angel wings' to fit 2 rows. next is 3" border.... and then 6" border. I will do bead border in 6" border with resized angel wing (1) in each corner. Problem is - in what order do i do this? Do I do SID around inside piece, then around 6" border first ... then do bead-board ... then the inside panto? Or inside panto first, then SID, then bead-board in border? I'm leaving the 3" border as is because piecer has put rick-rack on it (glued down edges, thank goodness). thanks.

Hi Newmillie.... My guess would be to work from the center out. if you want to stabilize before you do the panto, bead board, etc.. I think it would help. I am not positive about this, but someone else will pop in and help you I'm sure..

By the way Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new machine.. you will find the forum is very helpful in so many areas.. under the Lenni heading on the first forum page, and the gadgets and goodies.. the whole list of headings really has tons of info.. OOOpss... the Millie heading.

Glad you are with us and hope you stay..

RitaR

When I am doing custom work, I start at the top and SID the border to hold it in place, I might even SID each block that is in my stitching area so as to stablilze everything. Then I get excited to get going so I do my borders and just work my way down the quilt. Everyone has their own method for quilting, but this one works for me. As I roll the quilt I stabilize then quilt whatever is needed in each block....I'm typing without my glasses so if you don't understand what I'm saying, that is why :D

Archived