COUNTDOWN to MQX!!! - Headcount 1-2-3...

Heidi and everyone,

There are multiple resturants really close by. There is Joe's American Bar and Grill, Dave and Busters Grill, Fire and Ice, Uno's Chicago Grill, and The Cheese Cake Factory. All the menus should be on line. They are all either in the mall or on the same street as the mall which should be within blocks of everyone's hotels, unless you are really far from the MQX convention. Some of them are next door to each other. I have been to this Uno's and I don't remember an area where they could sit a large crowd, mostly booths. I have never been to Fire and Ice but I have heard that it's a fun place. Also I think they can handle crowds. Dave and Buster's is an arcade/bar/resturant. Reasonably good food.

If everyone can decide where they want to go I'd be happy to call ahead and reserve a space. I'll just need a head count. Does Thursday 6:30p work for everyone?

Dianne

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgene, I purposely suggested not until 6:30 so that anyone with classes till 6 could make it. I could make it later but I think most people would be hungry by then. I hope that is enough time for everyone to get there.

Connie, I'll drag my feet on ordering and make sure that we are still there at 8p . I hope you can make it. I would love to meet all my on line friends.

I guess I should check my classes to make sure that I can make it. Is anyone taking Thread therapy with Bob Purcell?

Dianne

Heidi,

I'm ok for 7p. I would love it if as many people as possible could join us. This might actually be better so everyone could go back to their rooms, freshen up and more importantly get rid of the bags of stuff they purchased from all the vendors. Although I would love to see what everyone bought.

I hope our friends from overseas are reading this post.

So everyone, Thursday, 7p, Fire and Ice. Just down the street from the convention. If you haven't posted yet please let me know, so I can get a head count. I think the area restaurants will be busy. I think we're up to 9 people.

Connie, we'll hold a seat. Anyone else in class till 8p but wants to join please jump in.

Dianne

I have a class Thursday night so can't do dinner. Someone have a Marguerita for me. But my good news is I saw my Orpthopod today who gave me the OK to drive and quilt as long as it doesn't cause me too much pain. So unless I have a setback between now and then I should be able to go to MQX.

Guest Linda S

I arrive in RI on Tuesday evening and, unfortunately, will leave Thursday afternoon. I'm teaching two classes on Wednesday, then will see the quilts on Thursday, then will need to scramoose. I'm staying at the Westin. I hope I'll see some of you about.

Linda

Archived