? about bobbins

Ya know what's interesting? I have a HQ, with the M bobbin. I was given 2 entire baggies full of Bottom Line bobbins, in the L size. I tried it and found out they run perfectly fine in the M bobbin. Then tried my Singers bobbins on a fluke, just to see, and they run as well! Then tried some NEB's, and they run...everything I've tried so far has run. I guess as long as it's smaller than an M size, it'll run.

I am careful though, and turn the wheel manually first to make sure I don't create any problems before using it in a real test - just FYI :)

I got a Magna Glide bobbin to try in my bag of goodies that came with my Milli. I tried it, but couldn't get it to work. Now I see where I need to remove that spring thingy. Bob, the guy who delivered and set up my machine, said they have had rave reviews about them. I will give it another try! I was a little skeptical when I saw them online as I was always told NEVER have anything magnetic near your machines that have any type of computer in them.

Guest Linda S

You get Magna-Glide bobbins from FilTech - www.bobbincentral.com I love the Glide thread and the magna glide bobbins. Ever since I tried them, I haven't wound one bobbin!

Linda

All the fil-tec/bobbin central products are great. They're working on packaging pre-wound bobbins with their glide thread. That way you will have the bottom and top threads match. They will be at MQX if anyone is interested.

Archived