Favorite teachers for advanced techniques and design?

Designs--DeLoa Jones,Shannon Baker (hi Doodlebug)--just launched her teaching career, and Pam Clarke for simple stuff.

Advanced techniques-

Feathers--Sharon Schamber and Irena Bluhm

Fillers--Dawn Cavanaugh.

Show quilts--Gina Perkes.

Wholecloth--Karen McT of course, and Irena Bluhm

I love DeLoa Jones for her designs because often she can make hard designs look so simple. She has great ideas for filling up spaces.

For advanced heavy quilting my favorite is probably Renae Haddidin. I just love her techniques and designs. I also like Jamie Wallen and Sharon Schamber. Wholecloth queen is definitely Karne McTavish. Irean Bluhm also has some great techniques for mapping out and planning a wholecloth.

Originally posted by juliagraves

I'm interested in your opinions on who are some of your favorite long-arm teachers for advanced techniques or how to creatively design the quilting on a quilt.

Julia

Julia, thinking outside the box: perhaps consider contacting via email a few of your "quilting-wanna-bees" and ask if they would consider a day of 1x1 training with you in their home or studio. You could learn a lot in one day with just one student (you)...but it would be expensive, but I think you would get a lot out of it. This is something I have considered and I will probably do it one of these days...

Archived