Bobbin Size

With some heavily dense pantos I have done with So Fine in the bobbin...I have made it just past one pass of the panto on a queen size quilt.

Holly is correct...it all depends on density of panto, width of quilt, and type of thread! Superior BottomLine thread goes farther than any other thread I have tried.

• 1 month later...

Is superbob's prewound bobbins what most of you use in your bobbin? Is this the same company as So Fine thread? I am a newbie and sent for so fine thread cards. I am not sure what I should start with. Should I use the same color on top and bottom at first?

Thanks for the help Denise:cool:

Originally posted by djohns

Should I use the same color on top and bottom at first?

Until your totally comfortable with tensions in the top and bobbin areas, I would go with the same colors in both...but once you get the tension corrections down, you shouldn't have trouble.

If you are working on a white top and have a darker color in the bobbin, there is always the chance of having a dot show on the top here and there...they normally show in the sharp curves of the quilting or sharp points...but with time and patients you will get it.

Archived