Iv'e just registered, and responded to a couple of posts, but thought I should introduce myself.

I've had my Mille for a year now, and we seem to be getting along just great, despite my lack of classes. I haven't done all that many quilts, since I am still working for a living. I didn't actually buy the machine to go into business. I bought it because I love quilting, and because my husband and son encouraged me to do so. (My husband is probably trying to make up for a MAJOR purchase I didn't want, LOL.)

Anyway, here I sit in Bee Cave, TX, with a Mille making baby quilts for the grandkids (2), and I intend to make many Quilts of Valor (my second is just now loaded).

I am continually inspired by the people on the forum - you make me reach for more than I thought I could do.

Mary

Hi Mary!

I registered and I don't even own a machine! I'm still in the thinking and comtimplating stages. I had a great conversation with (name removed) last night. Thanks Linda! I enjoy coming to this site and reading about everyone's joys and pains. I think I've already learned a lot for someone who is machineless for the moment.

Gail

Isn't it fun girls, What a great place to learn and get to know each other.

Gail, I'm sure that Linda is taking good care of you. But if you are wanting a hands on demo you have 2 other great reps in Michigan also. Check out our find a dealer page.

Mary Beth Keep up the good work.

Myrna

Hi Mary,

Welcome to this group. You will find that people are so helpful and quick to respond to any problems/questions that you might have.

Doing QOV quilts will give you practice in doing all sorts of patterns. I have done quite a few and it is a very rewarding experience to know that we are helping others.

Good luck and enjoy,

Char

Hi Mary:

Nice to meet you :)

I also joined the forum months before I got my Milli.

I live in a small town in B.C. so there is no one close to me who can help with the everyday questions, So I just go to the forum and ask all the dumb questions us newbie's need answered & I like reading all the old threads the best . It makes me see that everyone strated as a newbie & many of my questions were asked by others.

It's great to see what everyone else is doing.

The photo's are the best, they inspire me to do my best & maybe some day, I'll inspire someone else.

Yes please get your pic's on here, I'd love to see them.

Mary, nice to meet you. I have to stay incognito for a couple of months, (until a lawsuit is complete), but I'm very happy that you've joined us and are sharing your joys and struggles. I enjoyed your argyle looking quilt and don't ya just love a Rail Fence! It's the 1st quilt I ever made and the 1st for many of my students. They are so amazed that you can make a quilt top in one day! I love teaching with the new tools of the trade (not so new to us...but new to the sewing novices.) Keep up the good work...you'll be hanging in a quilt show in no time! -KK

Archived