quiltaholi_518 Posted July 13, 2006 Report Share Posted July 13, 2006 Just wanted to let you all know that I was having all kinds of trouble with thread breakage. I was building excess static, the thread would cling to the machine, (Liberty) then pop out of the pigtail below the take-up and get caught in a joint where the metal cover joined the machine. Some days I would break thread 2 or 3 times in a single pass. I tightened the tension, loosened the tension, used thread lubricant, started up a crock pot to increase the humidity. Nothing helped much until upon Connie's suggestion we added another pigtail. I used the screw that holds the front cover on with a pigtail. This screw was below and to the front of the take-up and I configured it just like the one below it. I did a large queesn size allover with the S/R on and I didn't break the thread once! First time ever!!! Yippee!!! I recomend doing this for anyone having unexplained thread breakage. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.