New APQS Bliss System

Joann, Dawn, and all -

As you know I have a Liberty also and have had nothing but 100% top customer service from the company and reps from day one. I am sure APQS will support us through this as well as for the Milly owners. I think there are many more Milly's out there than there are Liberty's. They will take care of us, I'm sure. Remember, when you bought your machine, you thought they were the best...you are still right!

Glad I did not get the ER's...I did not like the fact that they had to be replaced in 2 to 5 years...or that the bearings could leak. See, APQS came up with someting much better...and long-lasting. I am glad they tested the new system out on real quilters, not just the top-end quilt artists. Makes me feel like they make products for us!

Can't wait to see and try it!

Thanks, APQS.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NW NJ

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Dawn,

this is great news! I love my Millie, but one of the recurring problems I have had is with the table/wheel adjustment. This sounds like a dream come true to me. I would sure like to try out the new system before spendng the money--even though I am tempted to jump right in. Are there any plans to have the new system at HMQS? Thanks!!

Originally posted by meg_marsh

I think it is a huge improvement - I put my money down a month ago!!!!

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I have known about it for a while too...are you all surprised that I kept quiet?? I am pretty sure I want one bad!!!

OK so how come news just came out today and people who are not APQS sales reps like Meg and MaryBeth knew about it a month ago, want it, and have already put money down on it a month ago? Were you ladies the beta testers? :)

Can we see some pictures of what this Bliss looks like?

I've asked this a couple times and haven't seen the answer yet -- will we be able to see and test drive Bliss at MQS in May? Also, you keep telling us to contact our reps with questions or if we want to order, but I really don't think anyone wants to order this sight unseen, no matter how great it sounds. And I think we should be able to get answers to our questions here on the forum, because more than likely several people have the same question, and we should be able to discuss it.

There seem to be at least two threads going on this topic, this one and another titled "APQS News." Here is a post from Mark Caraher:

"I'm sure Dawn will be posting some photos when she gets a chance and as Myrna says it's Awesome! It will be pretty easy to upgrade as it is new rails, carriage and axles for your Milli head! The Bliss system will be in the booth at Chicago, Paducah, and at MQS. I don't think it will be in the booth at MQX. "

It would probably help if we keep all the posts about the new system on this thread - that way questions only need to be answered once.

And as a Rep, I'm looking forward to seeing this system in action at MQS - would love to recommend it to my customers!!

Hi Shana - not a beta tester. Spent some time with one of the beta testers explaining the issue of me selling my Millie (and having problems selling it) and the fact that I was never able to handle the Millie like I wanted. Simply put, she told me to hold off and offered to show me the system and also offered to take my order. I was certainly not treated like a special customer - the person I met with showed concern over my struggle and was kind enough to share. I feel very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time (very unusual for me). I was sworn to secrecy! - the reason I made no mention of deciding to keep my Millie - did not want to raise any flags or curiosity.

This will allow me to have a machine in both homes!!! The best of 2 great machines - I am very lucky!! No more quilting for only 6 months a year!!!! DH was very supportive with this decision. I do not have pictures and did not feel at liberty to ask about taking pictures when I looked at the system. Actually, I was a bit overwhelmed at being one of the first outsiders (not a tester) to see the system: a privilege in my book:D

I was surprised when the news leaked a few days early - but what the heck - APQS should be celebrating big time (and I am sure they are) with this fabulous upgrade. The booth at Chicago will be packed I am sure.

Kuddos to APQS!!!! I, for one, am very excited!!!!!!

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

Joann and gang,

The excitement about today's announcement with the new Bliss drive system is bubbling over! In all the hub-ub of getting this wonderful news out to our APQS family, somewhere along the way we gave the impression that the new Bliss system would not be available for Liberty owners.

Of course, that's absolutely wrong. Liberty owners, Millie owners , Freedom and Freedom SR owners and even people who are still looking for the best machine on the market can have the new Bliss system.

The best thing to do is to call us directly with your questions...we're doing our very best to keep you informed and "in the know". As to a couple of quilters knowing about the Bliss system before its debut, please know that we always want to give you the best possible product. That means having a few "beta testers" (to use my computer-geek son's language) trying out the system and testing it before we went into full production.

This is such an innovation for our industry that I'm sure it was hard for those quilters to keep things quiet! Know that customer service is our top priority, and we want to be sure you still receive the quality you've come to expect from all of us at APQS.

If you want to place an order for the new upgrade, just call our toll-free number and we can talk to you about Bliss. Let me know what questions you have!

Dawn,

THANK YOU!!! you just restored my faith in APQS, I was hoping it was just an oversite with trying to get the news out, that the Liberty was left out of the initial announcement. I never had any problems with customer service or APQS in the past, and I am glad that this has been cleared up :cool:

I am deffinately going to be upgrading once they have gone through the testing phase and are ready for the masses.

Thank you again Dawn :):):):):):)

Originally posted by marycontrary

So it seems that not all the reps have seen Bliss yet, so they may not be able to answer our questions. Dawn, where are you?? We really need pictures and a video or u-tube.

I think this is an understatement - only a select few reps have actually seen the system. Photos will be worth a thousand words!!;););)

I gotta kinda wonder -- is the system really ready for prime time? Is there product that's ready to ship? If I ordered today, when can I expect to receive Bliss? I'm thinking back to the computer system APQS was developing. What ever happened to that, or was it possibly put on hold while Bliss was developed?

Jess,

I'm with you on not wanting to take it apart and put it back together. I may upgrade when the time comes to send my Liberty back to the factory for a "tune up" because I will have to take it off the rails then anyway. My feelings are..."if it ain't broke, why fix it?" LOL The new system sounds wonderful!

Sandy

Originally posted by Mercedes

Did I read that the QZ will or won't work with the new Bliss System? Wish I could try this out before purchasing but I doubt they'll be a dealer near me who will have one. Bummer....Mercedes

Mercedes, the way I understand it is that it will be new rails for the table and carriage so won't affect the QZ since it mounts on the front. Not sure if the Circle Lord will mount on the new rails, but there won't be a problem mounting the CL on the front, either.

Archived