DawnCavanaugh

The New Bliss Drive System is Heaven!

Joy,

I'm told it will be at MQS.

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

My response was to the other Joy! :P

But you can count on lots of feedback once the Sales Reps finally get to try out Bliss.

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

I helped set up the Bliss table at Rosemont. I couldn't wait to try it out. The name matches it's movement. It glides on air. I immediately placed my order. It's truly "blissful". I love it. The control is amazing. There is NO friction, LOTS of control. And, you don't feel the weight of the head anymore. Unbeleiveable!!!

As for the old rails, basically, you can sell them for scrap metal. I'm trying to figure out how I could make another short "show" table out of them, however, after having the Bliss, I know I'd never use them. I will try to post the pictures I took of the rails...but have to wait til I get back home....maybe tomorrow.

Deb Figved APQS Lenni and Millenium w/ CQ Deb's Quiltery http://quiltandsew.net/

Originally posted by FrammaJoy

I want one, but don't know how to get it? Can they be ordered now? Are they backordered? My nearest sales rep is Connie in Texas and she doesn't even have one yet.

Hugs, Joy

Yep, contact your rep and she'll put your order in for your new Bliss table. I got to play on it in Paducah and I was incredibly impressed!

It is a $500.00 deposit to get on the list. They are going to start shipping in June. Don't know at this point if they are into July for orders yet.

Myrna Ficken A Quilter's Choice - APQS West, 5787 S. Gallup, Littleton, CO 80120;  Store 435-414-2026 Mobile 435-229-2703  myrnaf@q.com  www.aquilterschoice.com community. Look me up on Facebook   A Quilter's Choice - APQS West

Hi everyone!

I'm back from Paducah and can finally dig into all the questions about the new Bliss drive system:).

The wheels on the sewing head have also been redesigned. They are made of a special polymer that is smooth, which greatly reduces the friction between the wheel itself and the rail of the carriage. The wheel's bearings can actually be changed in the unlikely chance that a wheel bearing would fail.

Their structure greatly reduces the amount of oxidation build-up on the wheels themselves. You would still want to do normal, everyday cleaning on the table, wheels and rails by wiping them with a soft cloth. You may still wish to wipe the rails and wheels with a dab of rubbing alcohol on a rag, but you will see a big reduction in the natural accumulation of oxidized particles in the wheels or on the rails.

Somewhere in this thread people asked about the cost difference between an upgrade kit for current owners and purchasing the upgrade in association with a new table.

When a person buys a standard quilting system, it includes the table legs, rails, rollers, table top, cross tubes, truss. The upgraded Bliss drive system includes two steel rods, Bliss Axles and Bliss wheel set. These pieces total $1000 for the upgrade. These individuals will have already paid for the carriage and rails as part of their original table price.

For individuals who are upgrading from a current table, the upgrade kit consists of two completely new extruded, machined and drilled rails (which include a new truss support built into the rails), new carriage, new head axles and wheels, and Bliss carriage axles, two steel rods, and the Bliss wheel set.

To save shipping costs for our customers, we are not asking upgrade purchasers to return their rails, carriages, or trusses to the factory. Instead, you may wish to visit your local recycler regarding the aluminum as many will buy the aluminum as scrap metal.

The rails are not annodized. However, the Bliss carriage wheels do not run on the lip portion of the extruded aluminum rail. The Bliss carriage glides on a steel rod instead. You may see a small amount of oxidation on the carriage rails, but it will be minimal as the Bliss head wheels are now made of a different material.

Some of you asked whether Bliss would be TOO slick. I knew that would be a concern for some people (myself included)! To be honest, we experimented in the development stage with other configurations of the Bliss prototype where the drive system moved even more freely than it currently does (if you can imagine anything even smoother than the Bliss!). However, we Beta testers helped the engineering department reach a happy medium where we have a terrific balance between ease of movement and being too free. You definitely want control, and you'll find that you can easily backtrack with Bliss.

One of my favorite benefits of the new Bliss drive is its ability to "float" along 45-degree angles. While I probably won't give up my rulers for true, close stitching in the ditch, I am amazed a how easily the drive tracks along angles. I can lay one line of stitching right next to each other on the angles. The traditional "x-axis, y-axis" struggle one feels with other systems is gone.

Bliss will be on display at MQS for sure.

We did some additional videos in Paducah this week, and I'm sure Heidi will get them uploaded as soon as she has a chance to unpack from her two-week trade show jaunt. I will also try to shoot some video of the quilting motion this week so you can see what I mean about the diagonal quilting and backtracking.

Hope this helps!

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

Dawn,

Thanks for the info. I am still a bit confused about the difference in cost for those who already own a machine vs. those who purchase new. Based on your latest post I am understanding that once Bliss is readily available(no waiting list) I could purchase a new Mille standard. Then if I wanted to upgrade 6 months later it would cost $1000.00 because I would have "lready paid for the carriage and rails as part of the original purchase price" Is this correct?

Thanks,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Maybe this will help with the price difference puzzle.

Say you bought a new car and a standard feature was a set of four nice wheels. But there was an option to get some really snazzy ones for only $500 extra. You stick with the original wheels and drive for six months. Then you decide you want the snazzy wheels and the dealer is willing to sell you a set--NOT for $500, but for $1500. The option price was the difference between what the original wheels cost and what the snazzy ones cost. New snazzy wheels would cost more. And the dealer doesn't want your old used wheels back. Why would he?

The Bliss is an after-market add-on. You pay full price for the new carriage, wheels, rails, etc. and must toss your old ones away. A new Milli has the new stuff, but none of the old stuff--thus their cost is less--both for APQS and the customer.

Is this analogy helpful? I had to have my DH explain it to me--thus the snazzy wheels story!:D

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Hi Carol

this is how I understand it - Dawn please let me know if I'm wrong?

Bliss upgrade to tables currently owned by APQS users - $3000 (sell your old carriage and rails to scrap dealer for some cashback)

Standard table sold with Millennium after Bliss is in production - $17400

Retrofit of standard table which was purchased after Bliss was in production - $1000

New Bliss / Millennium complete system sold once Bliss is in production - $18400

sue in australia

sue in australia

APQS Australia

CQ Australia

613 9769 0248

smorris@comcen.com.au

Thanks Linda and Sue for your explainations. I still do not understand why there is such a large price difference for existing owners. Am I the only one who still does not have a clear understanding of this?

Carol

This is how I'd work it out, not knowing the cost of the individual components.

The new parts cost $3000. If you have an old table you need to take off the old parts and put on the new ones - so now you have old parts (which you can take to the salvage yard and get some dollars back) and new parts.

If you order a new table, you don't pay for the old type parts so the cost of those is deducted and you are just charged for the difference between the new parts and the replacement parts.

Ballbearings and the new track cost more than two straight aluminium rails.

Does that make sense?

Best wishes

sue in australia

sue in australia

APQS Australia

CQ Australia

613 9769 0248

smorris@comcen.com.au

Sorry Sue that's as clear as mud to me, but thanks for trying. Of corse I woudn't pay for "old parts" if I bought a new machine today with the bliss upgrade. But my "old parts" have already been paid for, I just want to know why "new parts" would cost me more than the same "new parts" would cost a new owner. I understand why APQS would not want me to ship my "old parts" back to them. They have no resale value. It would most likely cost more to ship than what they are worth at a scrap yard. Again, thanks for the effort. It is appreciated.

Carol

Hi Sue,

I think I just had a light bulb moment. Let's see if I am clear now. My "old parts" were $2000.00 of the total cost of $17,500.00 If I bought a new machine today and wanted it to come with Bliss I would still pay the $2000.00 but that would be for the new bliss rails not the old version. So I am still paying a total of $17,500.. Now I have to pay $1000.00 more to cover the $3000.00 cost of the bliss set up. It may take me some time, but I catch on eventually. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Carol

But wouldn't that be thought of as an upgrade 6 months later? May be wrong but from my understanding of how this is working it would be. As it would the same as anyone that have a machine now and wants to upgrade to the Bliss.

Myrna Ficken A Quilter's Choice - APQS West, 5787 S. Gallup, Littleton, CO 80120;  Store 435-414-2026 Mobile 435-229-2703  myrnaf@q.com  www.aquilterschoice.com community. Look me up on Facebook   A Quilter's Choice - APQS West

Just throwing my 2 cents in here for a moment...but if what if somebody takes their rails to the scrap yard...then decides 6 months to a year down the road that the Bliss system is wearing and they are no longer happy! Remember there is no way to make adjustments to the ride of the new system...in my understanding. Just food for thought! Maybe you should keep your old parts! :cool:

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!