The New Bliss Drive System is Heaven!

DawnCavanaugh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now that I have a better understand of the carriage, rails, wheels and the cost, I look forward to seeing Heidi's latest videos. It's funny, I am not having trouble with diagnal lines, but getting nice round circles still elude me. They are improving but they are still rather squarish. Would bliss help with this?

Carol

Per Dawn -- "When a person buys a standard quilting system, it includes the table legs, rails, rollers, table top, cross tubes, truss. The upgraded Bliss drive system includes two steel rods, Bliss Axles and Bliss wheel set. These pieces total $1000 for the upgrade. These individuals will have already paid for the carriage and rails as part of their original table price.

For individuals who are upgrading from a current table, the upgrade kit consists of two completely new extruded, machined and drilled rails (which include a new truss support built into the rails), new carriage, new head axles and wheels, and Bliss carriage axles, two steel rods, and the Bliss wheel set.

To save shipping costs for our customers, we are not asking upgrade purchasers to return their rails, carriages, or trusses to the factory. Instead, you may wish to visit your local recycler regarding the aluminum as many will buy the aluminum as scrap metal."

I'm still confused. If I wanted to upgrade my 2007 system to be "Bliss Ready", as I assume any machine sold today without the Bliss System would be, how much would that cost? In other words, what would the cost be for the new rails and carriage system alone be? Would they cost $2000? What I'm getting at is, I think we'd like to see the price breakdown in order to assure ourselves about the price difference.

I appreciate the attempts at explanation Dawn, but I think the comment about APQS trying to save us money by not asking us to return the rails etc comes across as disingenuous. Why would APQS want the rails, that they have no intention of using again, returned?

Originally posted by smorris

Hi Carol

You got it. From memory the table we have now costs $4990, or thereabouts, so if you were buying just a new Bliss table complete you'd probably be paying around $6000.

sue in australia

I'm STILL confused. From Dawn's explanation it sounds like the new systems sold WITHOUT Bliss are priced at the same price as a Milli or Freedom system has been for quite a while. BUT it will be "Bliss Ready" and those new owners will only have to pay $1000 to upgrade and add Bliss. What am I missing here? I'd still like to know the actual price of the individual components so I can compare, not the probably price.

I'm not accusing or assuming that anyone is taking advantage. It's just that there has been a lot of questions and confusion and I think it would be helpful to be able to compare the real price of apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

Hi Everyone,

You're right about things getting confusing! I need a scorecard to figure out what's been answered in this thread and what still remains "out there".

If you have a question that has not been addressed clearly here, by all means call us! It can be so much easier to explain things verbally than through the written word where we can exchange questions and answers and clarify things. If we are able to chat one-on-one, we may be able to help you better understand all the possibilities.

Mary, we aren't asking you to send the rails back because it will save both you and us shipping costs. However, we still sell used quilting systems when individuals upgrade sewing heads. Those rails which we do collect (perhaps from local individuals or during machine deliveries) from current owners who upgrade to Bliss can be used as part of those used systems to help us offer an alternative to used buyers.

The $3000 upgrade from a current table to Bliss includes:

Bliss Carriage Drive Wheel Set

Two extruded, machined and drilled aluminum rails

Two trusses (built into extruded rails)

Extruded Carriage

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Rods

Two Head Axles

Two Carriage Axles

Four M&M wheels for sewing head

The $1000 upgrade from a new table to Bliss includes:

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Rods

Two Carriage Axles

If you wish to go from a current style table to a "Bliss Ready" table,

you would need:

Two extruded, machined and drilled aluminum rails

Two trusses (built into extruded rails)

Extruded Carriage

Four Axles (two head, two carriage)

Eight M&M wheels

This "intermediate" step upgrade would cost $2000.

To go to the full Bliss table from this intermediate step, you would add these parts at a cost of $1000:

Two Carriage Axles

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Drive Rods

We will continue to support older table versions and machines, just as we always have. I can still get parts for my 1994 vintage Ultimate I and table:). In fact, that's why things have gotten so complex with Bliss in the first place, as APQS tries to make upgrades "retro" to help everyone who has current systems still have access to the latest technology.

Certainly some electronic advancements make retrofits for sewing heads impossible, but we make every effort to provide support for our current customers as well as new APQS machine buyers. In many other industries, when a new product launches, old systems are no longer supported or truly do become obsolete. We're still servicing machines that are true workhorses dating back to the company's founding:).

Once again, if you are still unclear about the new Bliss upgrade and whether it is right for you, just give us a call and we can help you sort things out. As I've said before, thousands of our customers are perfectly content with the way their machines operate and move right now, and wouldn't dream of changing to anything different. Bliss provides an opportunity for those of you who have wanted to change the feel of your machine to better suit your quilting style.

We're doing our best to get Bliss units out to areas across the country so you can experience it for yourself. However, it will take a little while before we can reach the masses. Thanks for your patience!

I have a question for those of you who have tried the new bliss system. My circles still come out sort of squarish sometimes. They have gotten rounder with practice and with the installation of the edgerider wheels. This happens no matter what brand of longarm I use. I tested several recently. Do you think the bliss system will make it easier to get the shapes I want? I am all for anything that

will make me a better quilter.

Thanks,

Carol

Different machines handle differently and as LA'ers, we each handle our machines differently. Common among us is the goal for wonderful feathers and curves. I found with my Millie (with ER wheels) I could just not do what I wanted and so bought a different machine that was easier for me to handle. This was a tough choice since I truly believe in the APQS company. Anyway, now that I have tried the Bliss (and ordered), I know the handling of the Millie will be so much easier and smoother. I have not sold my Millie, so my Millie will be upgraded and I am so happy to know that both my machines will do what I want them to do. Still more PPP'ing but at least my PPP'ing will be more efficient and productive!!! During the test drive of the Bliss, it truly made a huge difference for me.

As an added note, I will still continue to mark and use templates - the only way for me to get my best quilting, but with the ease of the Bliss, both of these processes will be much easier and better........

I had the opportunity to go to Des Moines today, and Dawn let me test drive Bliss. Wow! I couldn't believe how smooth it was - sort of like it was floating on air. I could even stitch a diagonal line without it being wonky! I don't know if I can justify the purchase until I pick up more customer quilts to do, but I'm definitely going to have it as a goal.

Can anyone explain how the stitch regulator/decoders work with the Bliss? I've been having a lot of wiring problems with the decoders and I'm wondering if the Bliss would take care of the problem. I couldn't see any decoders in any of the photos and don't want to buy new decoders if I'm going to upgrade to Bliss.

also, when and where is the Bliss coming to Everett, WA? I want to see it!

thanks,

Sue

Adding my 2 cents: I tried the Bliss at Paducah,, works like a dream come true, like everyone else, I haven't a lot of extra$$ around, but also like Meg really , really, want to get rounder curves and feathers and have really ppp a lot already. Was ready to get to edgerider wheels, but now will probably start the "save for" process for the Bliss.

Question for Katydid: Will you have a Bliss demo in FLA anytime soon? Would like to work with you on getting more info and also quilt glide info for upgrade to my 2008 milli. Would like to plan a trip from no. georgia to FLA sometime soon!!

I think the cost notwithstanding, the Bliss is great, Paducah was a short trial for me as there were a lot of people around, I'm not my best in that setting. I give

APQS a lot of credit for trying a completely different system to address the problem of moving diagonally to quilt, and quilting with more control of movement, and putting it into production during difficult times. I liken it to anything new or indeed improved and realize I will need to save up , again. :cool: I also am extremely grateful that this company is trying to make it as affordable to have it as possible, many other companies would have simply said ,"Buy the new model" not been willing to upgrade and retrofit- surely a little more trouble for them as a company.

Any of you who have the chance to try this out, do try it, IT will win you over. As they say, how many quilts will you need to quilt to pay for it???!!!:P

Originally posted by PFroelich

Question for Katydid: Will you have a Bliss demo in FLA anytime soon? Would like to work with you on getting more info and also quilt glide info for upgrade to my 2008 milli. Would like to plan a trip from no. georgia to FLA sometime soon!!

:P

Hi Pat! Just as soon as I get my Bliss, I would love to have you and anyone else interested, come spend more in depth time testing it. I will be going to MQS next week for the whole week and will know more on time frame after I return. We can definately talk about your needs or shall I say "wants" ;). Feel free to call or email me anytime, or U2U me your # and I'll call you.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived