The New Bliss Drive System is Heaven!

DawnCavanaugh

I tried BLISS at MQS, too, and it was unbelievable! I've never been able to do a long diagonal without difficulty and it was as if BLISS didn't know a diagonal was any different than any horizontal or vertical line. Smooth as ice!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen,

I think that Bliss is only in the order stage right now. I seem to remember reading that it will start shipping in June. APQS will be at the Long Beach show in July and I am hoping that Bliss will be available there to try. If you are not going to Long Beach perhaps it will be at PIQF in October.

Sue

• 1 month later...

I just bought my Millie in January and didn't receive it until the end of February. Two months later the Bliss was announced. I would have waited for the new system if someone would have told me about it. Now the Bliss sounds wonderful, since I think there is way too much drag with my current set up.

I know I am a beginner and I need lots of practice, but I feel like I should have been told that if I wait two or three months I would be able to get the latest upgrade for a lot less money. Now after just buying my machine a few months ago I am looking at a $3000 upgrade. I am not a happy camper. When I buy a new car I know when the new model is going to come out and I can make a decision to wait a few months or not. With this machine I didn't get that option. If I would have known I would have waited the couple of months to buy it. Even if I wouldn't have received it until three or four months later.

Is there any kind of a deal for people like me who just bought there machine?

Sabrina, I don't know about a deal if you just got your machine, but if there is too much drag with the way you have it set up now you might check that the table is absolutely level, both horizontally and vertically. Use a long level and check in several places along the rail. Also, the wheels may need to be adjusted. Barb Mayfield posted the link to a picture of how the wheel should look when properly tightened. Look part way through the discussion to the pictured that Patty Butcher posted. Here it is:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=13097

After you check everything and adjust if necessary, and if you still think there is too much drag, give APQS a call and talk with Amy or Christy. They will be able to help you get a better ride. After all that, and some more practice, if you still want it smoother you can always get just the new M&M wheels. The people that have put the new wheels on their old rail are reporting that it is a great improvement and well worth the money. I purchased the M&M wheels but don't have them on yet, but even with the old wheels I'm getting a good ride.

I just got my Bliss a week ago and I was astounded at how straight-forward the process was. It's basically take out old stuff and replace it with new stuff. The only alteration you do to your existing plexiglass table is shave about a quarter of an inch off the length of it. I have used it a lot this week and it is wonderful!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi szy

I don't think you should look for differences or similarities between Edgeriders and MM wheels. they are a totally different product. Made from different materials, different bearings and the profile of the wheels is different.

sue in australia

• 1 month later...

I guess I haven't paid much attention to quilting machine stuff in the past year, so I just read about the Bliss drive. What is involved in changing it out? Sounds like different rails? Different wheels? what? Is there someone in KCMO where I can go and check out the difference?

Teresa Husman

Prairie House quilting

APQS Millie

www.prairiehousequilting.com

• 8 years later...
On 4/26/2010 at 8:10 PM, DawnCavanaugh said:

Hi Everyone,

You're right about things getting confusing! I need a scorecard to figure out what's been answered in this thread and what still remains "out there".

If you have a question that has not been addressed clearly here, by all means call us! It can be so much easier to explain things verbally than through the written word where we can exchange questions and answers and clarify things. If we are able to chat one-on-one, we may be able to help you better understand all the possibilities.

Mary, we aren't asking you to send the rails back because it will save both you and us shipping costs. However, we still sell used quilting systems when individuals upgrade sewing heads. Those rails which we do collect (perhaps from local individuals or during machine deliveries) from current owners who upgrade to Bliss can be used as part of those used systems to help us offer an alternative to used buyers.

The $3000 upgrade from a current table to Bliss includes:

Bliss Carriage Drive Wheel Set

Two extruded, machined and drilled aluminum rails

Two trusses (built into extruded rails)

Extruded Carriage

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Rods

Two Head Axles

Two Carriage Axles

Four M&M wheels for sewing head

The $1000 upgrade from a new table to Bliss includes:

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Rods

Two Carriage Axles

If you wish to go from a current style table to a "Bliss Ready" table,

you would need:

Two extruded, machined and drilled aluminum rails

Two trusses (built into extruded rails)

Extruded Carriage

Four Axles (two head, two carriage)

Eight M&M wheels

This "intermediate" step upgrade would cost $2000.

To go to the full Bliss table from this intermediate step, you would add these parts at a cost of $1000:

Two Carriage Axles

Two Stainless Steel Bliss Drive Rods

We will continue to support older table versions and machines, just as we always have. I can still get parts for my 1994 vintage Ultimate I and table:). In fact, that's why things have gotten so complex with Bliss in the first place, as APQS tries to make upgrades "retro" to help everyone who has current systems still have access to the latest technology.

Certainly some electronic advancements make retrofits for sewing heads impossible, but we make every effort to provide support for our current customers as well as new APQS machine buyers. In many other industries, when a new product launches, old systems are no longer supported or truly do become obsolete. We're still servicing machines that are true workhorses dating back to the company's founding:).

Once again, if you are still unclear about the new Bliss upgrade and whether it is right for you, just give us a call and we can help you sort things out. As I've said before, thousands of our customers are perfectly content with the way their machines operate and move right now, and wouldn't dream of changing to anything different. Bliss provides an opportunity for those of you who have wanted to change the feel of your machine to better suit your quilting style.

We're doing our best to get Bliss units out to areas across the country so you can experience it for yourself. However, it will take a little while before we can reach the masses. Thanks for your patience!

Can someone tell me what year of table is considered “old” and would require the $3000 upgrade vs the current $1000?  Is it anything prior to these 2010 posts? I am looking at a 2009 non-bliss Millie with the attached photo for the table.

2D1E942D-CF65-48E3-9689-CD7137B04F94.png

Archived