Guilded Majestic Blooms - Finally!

Well the judging is done so now I can finally show you my latest quilt, finished March 1st. I've named it Guilded Majestic Blooms. It is stitched in Silver Thread to outline all the major design details. The main design was trapuntoed and I used two layers of batting, QD Poly Supreme and QD Wool. The background fill was done using a stencil that one of my engineers cut for me on our laser cutter. I wanted a 2" orange peel and then I filled that in with feathers. Yup there are about 7 feather fronds in a 2" section. I came up with the design during one of our staff meetings...love my doodle time!!!! :P:P:P:P

I really don't know what else to add at this point. I hope you all like it. I used colored pencils to color in the design. I used my Quiltazoid spirograph to stitch the main design motif and then free handed all the feathered blooms. I hope you like it!

Whole quilt:

2704017250104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Center

2346948270104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Quiltazoid Spirograph Design & background fill

2704017250104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Binding - a ton of work but oh so worth it!

2071752440104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi! Can't wait to hear if you got 'best machine quilting'! You are awesome girl! and it was so worth the wait! Congrats! Your work is incredible!

I was at a show last week and Quilter's Rule had a little tool that fits around the foot on our machines and it has little handles... have you tried that? It wasn't expensive, only like $12.

omg - i don't even know what to say.

I LOVE IT!

if i wasnt excited enuf about mqx - i get to see this in person tomorrow. now i am never going to be able to sleep tonight.

congratulations heidi - how did you keep it under wraps so long? i wouldve been dying to show everyone and brag, brag, brag!

congratulations!

Originally posted by meg

omg - i don't even know what to say.

I LOVE IT!

if i wasnt excited enuf about mqx - i get to see this in person tomorrow. now i am never going to be able to sleep tonight.

congratulations heidi - how did you keep it under wraps so long? i wouldve been dying to show everyone and brag, brag, brag!

congratulations!

Welcome to my world! Awake yesterday at 4:30 am and today at 3:30 am!!!! I might just fall asleep during the award ceremony...nope but my head will be in the clouds still!!!!! Can't wait to see you! Thanks and it was really hard to keep from all of you.

Archived