Licorice & Lace - you asked for pictures...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK it's 6:00 PM Eastern time on Wednesday April 14 and I just got a call from Heidi Merrill and Charlotte; they just got a sneak peak of the quilts and are now shopping in the vendor mall. Here's the scoop on ribbons:

Birgit won 1st place "Custom Heirloom" with Licorice and Lace

Heidi won 2nd place "Our Daily Bed" (this is the blue and white hunter star quilt) Remember that one?

Claudia Pfeil won Best of Show with Parrot Island

They are still scoping out all of the quilts and Heidi says that all of the quilts are all STUNNING -- even those without a ribbon. So congratulations to everyone who entered quilts they are all worthy of ribbons!

Oh and she said that Ronda Beyer won ribbons on several of her entries. That does not surprise me as she is uber extra talented. WTG Ronda baby!!!

I'm completely in awe about this award!

Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments - you really are making my day!

To answer the questions:

No, my machine is not computerized. I quilted this freehand in SR mode using my Hartley fence, a straight line ruler and most importantly Kimmy Brunner's Melon templates - all six sizes! I love it when templates can be used as versatile as these. I even used these templates to design and cut the edge shape. What more could you ask from a set of oval acrylic guides?

Off to quilting that customer quilt on the frame...

Birgit

Archived